Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speight had periods of very accurate passing and periods of exactly the opposite.

Comment

• Michigan and offensive coordinator Tim Drevno have agreed to a new contract
      With the new five-year deal, Drevno will make $1 million annually.

Comment

• Never thought I would miss rudock and his noodle arm but god help me at least he didn't miss open guys.

Comment

• We make the playoffs with JR

Comment

• Probably. We needed a competent game managing starter and Speight is a competent backup.

Comment

• Speight in B1G passing stats (#1 in Completion% Q, #5 in YD/G, #3 in QBR, #2 in YD/attempt)

Comment

• Taco Charlton & Ryan Glasgow both deserves a lot of recognition for their performance this season. Too many really good defenders not getting the praise they deserve because nearly every OL from '12 & '13 (10 I think) was lousy other than Ben Braden & Erik Magnuson.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                  Speight in B1G passing stats (#1 in Completion% Q, #5 in YD/G, #3 in QBR, #2 in YD/attempt)
                  Reflection of the schedule more than anything else. Never had to play under pressure or on the road until the very end.

Comment

• Padding stats vs weak teams @ home

Comment

• Wouldn't the other QBs in the B1G also have that same advantage? It's not like M had a significantly easier B1G schedule than other B1G QBs.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by drok View Post
                        Wouldn't the other QBs in the B1G also have that same advantage? It's not like M had a significantly easier B1G schedule than other B1G QBs.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
                        The B1G QBs were terrible as a group this season. And Michigan had a very friendly schedule until the last few weeks.

Comment

• How much did this current staff get out of our guys? To help answer that question, I'm going to do a quick running game comparison between this year's last five games and a mystery five game stretch as a comparison.

This year's last five games...
                          203 carries, 776 yards, 3.82 ypc.

Mystery five game stretch...
                          179 carries, 800 yards, 4.47 ypc

Anyone want to guess what that mystery five game stretch is?
                          Last edited by Hannibal; January 4, 2017, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Hoke's last 5!

More importantly, congrats on locking down Drevno for 5 years.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Hoke's last 5!
                              Yup.

In Hoke's last five, we ran the ball more effectively than we have run it in our most recent five games. There is some slight SOS effect in there, but it's not huge. The fact that the comparison can be made with a straight face is horrifying.

So, to sum it all up, by the time that Hoke was fired, the bunch of Cole, Glasgow, Miller, Kalis, Braden as Fr, Jr, Jr, So, So was slightly more effective at run blocking than the group of Braden, Bredeson, Cole, Kalis, Magnusson as Sr, Fr, Jr, Sr, Sr.

Cole, like Bredeson, was a true freshman. Glasgow was a walk-on. Miller had MAC talent. Kalis was a younger Kalis and Braden was a younger Braden. You have to tie yourself into intellectual knots to argue that the 3.82 ypc in our final five games this year that we saw with three fifth year seniors and a junior doesn't represent total failure and/or that the failure was inevitable because of who was left on the team in 2015.

One advantage that the guys had back then was a dual threat QB. Granted, they never figured out how to use him, but if that was a big factor then IMHO it speaks volumes about how valuable they are.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; January 4, 2017, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• There was also a five-star athlete at QB, which helps your argument about the spread. Or about having a dual-threat QB, at least.

I liked Cole at LT better than at C this year. Maybe that was just because he was surrounded by two weak spots in Bredeson and Kalis. But there can be very little question that the OL and running game are the biggest concern and question mark from here on in. And it's not just Drevno. Harbaugh calls the plays. I'd pay a ton to know what he was thinking and why he was calling what he was calling.

Comment

Working...
                                X