No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yawn...just beat up another junior-high team...

:-)

Comment

• So......the Players poll came out, and guess which player was voted as "The most difficult to play against", "The hardest player to take puck from", "most difficult to stop", "Smartest", "Cleanest", and "Toughest to play against"?

Hints........it wasn't a Canadian, and Don Cherry wasn't allowed to vote....

Comment

• Aww, don't pick on Don. He's my favorite hockey blowhard. A veritable Canadian Fashionista as well...
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I used to love Don. When he wasn't convinced he was the final arbiter on everything hockey. When he wasn't a xenophobe. When he had some sartorial discretion. When Bleu was alive......;-)

Comment

• Rose kept him in check
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Interesting poll of NHL players. Nick Lidstrom was also voted best role model. Nice to see Darren Helm crack the top 5 of a couple categories, too. The Red Wings were voted 2nd most desired team to play for, one percentage point behind Chicago. The top six favorite arenas to play in are all of the Original Six teams.

Comment

• Datsyuk out two weeks following minor knee surgery.

Fuck.
                Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• I don't think the home winning streak is surviving this one. I guess better to take care of this now than in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
                    I guess better to take care of this now than in the playoffs.
                    Exactly; he couldn't have waited til after Thursday (against Van) though?
                    Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• The streak is fun.....but really meaningless. Only 7 teams who have won the President's Trophy have gone on to win the Stanley Cup......so even that means squat. Peaking at the right time, hot goaltending, and staying healthy are paramount. Dats will be back, and better.

Not sure about the Quincy trade, though.....

Comment

• Yeah, can't see giving up a 1st round pick (albeit late first round, not a particularly talented/deep draft) for a guy who played 13 games in 3 years in his first stint with the Wings.

Comment

• Sure wish this team could figure out how to win more consistantly on the road. Losing to the slumping Blackhawks 2-1 really lets the air out

Comment

• Chicago's actually playing really well again (won 4 in a row), but yes, the Wings look like a totally different team on the road.
                            Howard stood on his head; was absolutely terrific tonight, but the rest of the team (I'm looking at you, Ericsson and Kindl) let him down.

Oh well, at least Vancouver lost too.

Comment

• Red Wings just broke a 1-1 tie with a goal at the 13:52 mark of the 3rd Canucks have been playing them tough, last I heard Vancouver had a wide margin in shots-on-goal, but we now have a great chance of seeing the home win streak kept alive, GO WINGS!

Comment

• Game Live Blog on at the Freep. Go Wings.

Comment

Working...
                                X