No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it is a great way to "expand" without actually expanding. I'd sure as hell rather play USC or Washington or Oregon than have added Syracuse or Pitt or something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanB View Post
      Anything that doesn't include the B1G, the Pac 12 and the Rose Bowl will be a sham.

Right now, most supporters of the SEC would laugh at this, and they'd have the evidence to support it, too. I hate the BCS as much as anyone, and I can't stand the crowing of the SEC, but until another conference wins a so-called "championship", most fans outside of the B1G/PAC12 won't care all that much.
      Gotta disagree. Even though the SEC likes to think they are the only teams that matter, about 85% of the country that voted on ESPN said they wanted to see LSU-Oklahoma St. in the title game. Even people that might acknowledge that the SEC is the top conference don't think that you can just excluse everyone else and have anything legitimate.

Comment

• Anyone think that this might be part of a larger, longer term effort towards TV independence? Possibly merging the Big Ten and Pac-12 as far as TV interests go and then having enough of an audience to drop Disney altogether. God, that would be awesome.

Comment

• Might as well add some more PAC/BIG bowl games too
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
            Anyone think that this might be part of a larger, longer term effort towards TV independence? Possibly merging the Big Ten and Pac-12 as far as TV interests go and then having enough of an audience to drop Disney altogether. God, that would be awesome.
            I am sure there are people who want to limit ESPN, especially after there contract with Texas..

Comment

• I think its safe to say that Fox Sports is planning to jump in on any possible opening that the agreement will provide.

I like the idea of the two conferences creating another bowl game. I think it should be somewhere in our geographic area between the two conference runner-ups. Indy would be a good indoor venue, and we have several outdoor venues that could be utilized.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• A conference runner up game in Indy would be interesting..

Comment

• What conference runner-up would want to play in Indy instead of in California or Florida? Seems like a massive penalty.

Comment

• Well, the Rose Bowl is already played in Cally, and I just think it'd be nice if the Pac 12 would reciprocate, and come to a bowl game in OUR area.

But, you do have a point about both conference runner ups having to take a game berth in Indy. Its not really a huge reward ...
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Play the game in Florida--no home field for either team and it's a nice destination.

Comment

• Is there a bowl in St. Louis?
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I don't think so, but it isn't really a winter destination.

Comment

• Maybe Indy can be the OOC destination...

Comment

• The idea of bowl games is a 'vacation' of sorts for both the fans and players; preferably in a warm climate. I'd imagine a new bowl game created by the B10/Pac 12 would be a game in Cali or Arizona.

Comment

• The Big Ten should have no interest in playing yet another bowl game where the other team is always playing at home. Plus that does little to help recruiting as it is already in Pac 12 territory. That's why I suggested Florida.

Comment

Working...
                                X