DetroitLionsForum.com
Please support the forum by using this link to shop with our sponsor:

Go Back   DetroitLionsForum.com > Sports Discussion Forums > University of Michigan

Old April 10th, 2018, 04:26 PM   #1
*JD*

Arrow U of M MEN'S BASKETBALL: 2018-2019

It's been a week since the end of the season, so it's time to look forward to next season.

Go Blue!
Old April 11th, 2018, 09:11 AM   #2
Hannibal

We'll have big expectations. And maybe the highest preseason ranking since the Fab Five era? Hopefully, the team chemistry does not suffer from the abundance of talent and experience at each position.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old April 11th, 2018, 09:15 AM   #3
*JD*

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the recruiting thread, since he wasn't on full-scholarship, but Brent Hibbitts is transfering. He graduated in 3 years and still has 2 years of eligibility left to play somewhere. He scored 12 total points (in 37 minutes) in his 2 years at U of M.

I wish him well.

I guess that does open a spot for another preferred walk-on.
Old April 11th, 2018, 09:24 AM   #4
Kstat

They will not be ranked in the top 10 if Wagner leaves. If he stays.... maybe.
Kstat is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old April 11th, 2018, 09:27 AM   #5
Whitley

If Mo stays looking a possible national champs contender. That being said even if Mo stays UM is losing a couple big pieces in MAAR and Robinson. Lots of leadership and shot making lost with those two.
Old April 11th, 2018, 09:35 AM   #6
hack

If Mo stays it's a top-3 team. If he goes it's top 10-15, depending on how much respect they are given.
hack is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old April 11th, 2018, 01:24 PM   #7
The Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JD* View Post
I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the recruiting thread, since he wasn't on full-scholarship, but Brent Hibbitts is transfering. He graduated in 3 years and still has 2 years of eligibility left to play somewhere. He scored 12 total points (in 37 minutes) in his 2 years at U of M.

I wish him well.

I guess that does open a spot for another preferred walk-on.
This kid will be a solid piece for a mid major. Always thought he'd be a contributor here if he chose to stay.
The Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old April 12th, 2018, 03:10 AM   #8
The Oracle

This guy will be a beast within 2 years. Granted, most the competition in this reel sucks, but almost all his best skills will translate to the next level.

Last edited by The Oracle; April 12th, 2018 at 03:14 AM.
Old April 12th, 2018, 08:29 PM   #9
Cody_Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
They will not be ranked in the top 10 if Wagner leaves. If he stays.... maybe.
Preseason top 10 if Mo stays.

Ibi transferring. 2018-2019 scholarship number perfectly at 13 for now.
Old April 12th, 2018, 09:58 PM   #10
hack

Good luck, Ibi.
hack is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old April 13th, 2018, 03:00 AM   #11
The Oracle

Finished his time at Michigan with 3 more career Sweet 16 points than miles bridges and jaren Jackson combined.
Old April 13th, 2018, 03:26 AM   #12
Kstat

Shame. Thought he had a chance to stick here with some hard work. Hopefully that’s a good sign for the rest of the program.
Kstat is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old April 13th, 2018, 06:27 AM   #13
Hannibal

Do we still need one spot to free up?
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old April 13th, 2018, 09:08 AM   #14
*JD*

Only if we want that grad-transfer.
Old April 13th, 2018, 09:26 AM   #15
*JD*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
This guy will be a beast within 2 years. Granted, most the competition in this reel sucks, but almost all his best skills will translate to the next level.
https://youtu.be/zKp8t4O-y7Q
Even though he's a stick and the competition is weak, I agree that you can see that he's got a handle, post-moves, a nice shot, and athletic ability that is above, say a Donnal or Teske (even though he's ranked on par with those guys). It's too much to compare him to Wagner at that age, but that's kind of what I'm seeing. Especially if Moe goes, there's no way this kid is redshirting. He looks like he already has more to offer (shot-blocking alone) than Davis has shown. Get him to Camp Sanderson ASAP and see if he can put on 10-15 pounds of muscle before November.
Old April 13th, 2018, 09:34 AM   #16
Mainevent

Yeah, he looks like a big tailor made for JB. The handle and agility are impressive for tall kid like that, though the foot speed is iffy.
Mainevent is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old April 13th, 2018, 11:04 AM   #17
The Oracle

Michigan Basketball: Brazdeikis Standing Out On The World Stage
Chris Balas • TheWolverine.com
Don't miss out on any of our exclusive football, basketball and recruiting coverage. Click here to get your 30-day free trial!

Michigan signee Ignas “Iggy” Brazdeikis is in Portland, Ore. this week for the Nike Hoops Summit … and he’s tearing it up.

RANK
N/A

-

NATIONAL

-

STATE

-

POSITION
IGNAS
BRAZDEIKIS
6'8" | 200 LBS | SF
ORANGEVILLE PREP
MONO, ON
CLASS OF 2018

VERBAL COMMIT
9/22/2017
MICHIGAN
Ptyxhv5d5ixvbrxfagfp
Ignas Brazdeikis is a perfect fit at Michigan.
Courtesy of USA Basketball/Cameron Browne
Brazdeikis had an outstanding practice Wednesday for the World team, Rivals.com’s Eric Bossi reported, and one scout predicted he’d “shoot 60 times a game in this event.”

In other words, he’s not shy, and he shouldn’t be. He’s a gifted scorer who expects to wear Moritz Wagner’s number next year (if Wagner leaves for the NBA, as expected), but he tries to emulate someone else on the court.

"I definitely model my game after Gordon Hayward," he said of the former Butler standout and Michigan recruit, now with the Utah Jazz.. "I feel like me and him are similar players in terms of being able to attack, shoot and make plays."

Brazdeikis told USA Today playing in the NBA has been a dream of his since he was six years old, and players like former U-M standout Nik Stauskas believe it’s only a matter of time. Brazdeikis averaged 32 points per game at Orangeville Prep this year, won MVPs at too many tournaments to mention and is an elite scorer.

“He looked like the World team's best shooter,” Bossi reported from the event. “The Canadian is a strong and skilled offensive player who can stretch defenses and his 6-foot-7, 225-pound frame allows him to be a good post scorer as well. He looks like he should be ready to step right in and play important minutes for the Wolverines.”

Thirteen players taken in last year's NBA Draft participated in the Nike Hoop Summit, and Brazdeikis figures to be among them in the next few years.

He has plenty to accomplish at Michigan before he goes, he told OregonLIve.com.

"I feel like coach [John] Beilein deserves a national championship, being a runner-up twice, as well as the Michigan program and Michigan fans. They definitely deserve a ring," he said.

He watched the tournament run closely, even jumping off the couch and running around his house when freshman Jordan Poole hit the game winning shot in the round of 32 to beat Houston.

"Coach Beilein's just such a trustworthy guy," Brazdeikis said. "I was really proud, every single game, knowing I'm going to be putting on that uniform next year.” He was also confident enough to believe he could have helped the Wolverines beat Villanova in the title game, a 79-62 loss.

“I was literally sitting on the couch, trying to do moves,” he laughed. “It’s like, ‘Put me in, coach!’ I felt like they were missing me. I felt like I could have helped.

“But it was amazing to watch them go that far, seeing them play so unselfishly.”

He’ll be part of it starting this June. Tonight, though, you can catch him in action on ESPN2 at 10:00 playing for Team Canada.
Old April 13th, 2018, 12:35 PM   #18
Mainevent

Quote:
"I definitely model my game after Gordon Hayward," he said of the former Butler standout and Michigan recruit, now with the Utah Jazz
Really?
Mainevent is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old April 13th, 2018, 12:50 PM   #19
*JD*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainevent View Post
Really?
Well, to be fair, he played many more games in Utah in 2017 than in Boston.

Hopefully, Balas will edit and update.
Old April 13th, 2018, 12:50 PM   #20
The Oracle

Yeah, I messaged him on that one. Obviously not an NBA fan, that Balas.