Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's because you're an idiot.

In recruiting news, the various All-America games are this week. That week of practice is usually a pretty decent way to evaluate best-on-best. I typically like to see how "under-the-radar" OSU guys do. In this case, Dre'mont Jones is really showing well. In very much "on-the-radar" news, Torrance Gibson is a badass. Between JTB, Cardale, Gibson and Joey Burrow, OSU has the QB recruits to dominate the B10 and finish 2nd to JH's Superteams.

In young pup news, Jamarco Jones and Demetrius Knox are both going to be really good. Jones should step in for Baldwin at LT next season and be better. Knox will push for playing time on the interior. Both those are OL, though, and are thus boring. For exciting, remember the name Sam Hubbard. I could go one, but it's mostly for naught as the young 'uns will be faced with JH for the bulk of their career.

In actual team news, Cardale is still starting. I don't see how they can win with Cardale Jones at QB against Ala-fucking-bama. I have my fingers crossed for a clownshow performance from Blake Sims and UAT's special teams. Sugar Bowl-wise, I expect the TV ratings to be off the charts for the first quarter. I reckon they'll probably finish 2nd in the week to JH's press conference.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Cardale said yesterday that he has the strongest arm in all of college football. Kid has Moxie.

What gives Saban an edge on defending opposing QBs is preparation. They will evaluate every snap that they've taken in their college career and will be able to tell you what the QB will do with amazing accuracy with pressure up the middle, pressure from the right or left, corner blitz, safety blitz, kitchen sink blitz, what he does when the pocket breaks down or moves, favorite receivers, expected hot routes, whether he cheats under center on running plays, how he goes through his progressions, whether he has a tell with his cadence, etc, etc, etc.

We have a very limited data set on that front with Cardale. Combine that with his self-proclaimed 'strongest arm in the nation' and it's obvious Bama is in trouble.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Anyway, the smart money is on TOSUC. no way Bama covers, and like I said, I expect TOSUC to win the game outright.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The "mystery" line of reasoning is that talk of fools.

Comment

• You called me an idiot earlier. Now I'm a fool? You're usually a bit more creative. If you start screaming "STOP LE RUN" I will know someone has gotten your password.

Comment

• If things go splendidly well for Ohio State, Cardale Jones will get injured and Jalin Marshall, OSU's H-Back, will take over. The Nick has virtually zero film on him behind center, so that would be quite the break for OSU!

Comment

• Well, that's not exactly the same. Cardale has been at TOSUC for what? Four seasons if you count the redshirt. He's worked with Urban's system and knows it well. He was recruited as a QB and he has the strongest arm in America.

Really, Cardale >>> Blake.

Comment

• Jones enrolled at Ohio State in January of 2012. So, yeah, I'm not sure about the four seasons.

Jamarcus Russell had the strongest arm I've ever seen. He was sort of hot shit on a plate when playing against equal or better talent. And Russell was faster than Cardale.

Ol' Cardale can wing it good. Accuracy. Now, that's an issue. Personally, I'd take Joe Montana over Jamarcus Russell. Your mileage may vary.

Comment

• Okay 2012, 2013, and 2014. Three seasons. I guess I thought it was 2011. Three years under Urban? Impressive.

Besides, you don't have to be Montana in Urban's system. Tebow, Chris Leak, etc, proves that. Hell, Auburn runs a read option and their QB was a DB who was run off from UGA.

Comment

• The Nick kneecapped Tebow. I can't imagine what will happen to Cardale.

Comment

• Phil Savage said that AT LEAST 16 Buckeyes would be in the mix to play for Bama.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            The Nick kneecapped Tebow. I can't imagine what will happen to Cardale.

And Tebow kneecapped Saban in the SECCG 2008. Damnedest thing I ever seen. Tebow took over the 4th quarter. I think we had two three and outs, the rest of the time, it was the Tebow grind.

Comment

• We've had this discussion. I don't know enough about Bama's roster. I think Decker, Bosa, Bennett, Doran Grant and Bell could play for anyone. I think Devin Smith would be a really good #2 WR for Bama. Ezekiel Elliot is really good, too, but I tend to think he'd have to wait his turn.

The other guys that would get time are Jalin Marshall (Lane-O would love having him as an option), Adolphus Washington (he'd be in the massive DL rotation), Eli Apple (simply b/c Bama's DBs are a bit young) and maybe one more OL. A healthy Braxton, of course, would have started for Bama. I'm not sure who would have won the QB battle between Sims and JTB. Both had really good years.

But, yes, Ohio State is actually getting closer to having elite talent up and down the roster. It takes awhile, though. I think they'll take another step forward next season, too. And if they had JTB playing, I'd give them a credible (35-40%) chance of winning. I really don't have any faith in Cardale. I think he's going to give us a painful lesson in what it means to "regress to the mean." That's my honest take. I think it will be a two-score game, but I don't think it will be very much in doubt in the 2nd half. Eh.

That said, if you think Cardale is going to play well, then OSU will be right there with a chance to win. It's just that OSU won't be able to get by running inside-zone, running speed sweeps and doing all the stuff that they do to dominate hapless B10 defenses. They'll need to stretch Bama horizontally and threaten them vertically. The best defense they played was MSU and the big reason they won that game is because JTB was splendid...I mean, spectacularly good. If Cardale plays like that, then, shit, OSU can win. I just don't see it.
                              Last edited by iam416; December 31, 2014, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• I know we had discussed it. I just thought it was interesting that an impartial expert essentially said the starting talent is pretty close to being even.

As an aside, did you know Urban played two years in the Atlanta Braves' system?

Comment

Working...
                                X