Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One dollar pints of Sconnie draft and State Street Brats? And the cheeses? Good lord...good times.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Dammit, I want Indiana to be SEC East Champs
      Yes, and I want VaTech to be the CHAMPIONS OF THE B1G!
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Planning to go to Lincoln In 2017!

Would like to have to have gone to every B1G stadium by the time I'm 40.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
          when we joined the league it was pretty universal told to Nebraska fans to avoid going to Wisc or OSU. Everyplace else we'd be fine..

not sure of the truth on that, but it was the message sent on boards like rivals and scout. Honestly, I was surprised PSU wasn't on the list..
          In the SEC, it's really only LSU. The Tigers in Baton Rouge are the same as West Virginia in Morgantown - except with better food.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            Yes, and I want VaTech to be the CHAMPIONS OF THE B1G!
            While VT is having a bad year, Indiana hasn't even won a B1G game yet...and we're dogshit if you haven't been paying attention. I mean, did you see any of the Michigan-Northwestern or Penn State-Indiana games?

Comment

• Nebraska fans had their own prior experience with PSU fans, and I wouldn't rate that as out of the ordinary. It's a sucky trip by and large.

I've never been to Wisky, but I haven't heard much good.

However, I'm entirely convinced that any visiting fan can have a pleasant experience if they avoid problem areas. At PSU, it's fine if all you want to do is tailgate in a cow pasture, go to the game, then leave. If you want to do ANYTHING else, you have to go into town into the heart of student areas, and that's where things can be problematic. At Ohio State, I wouldn't recommend walking down Indianola pre-game, but anything west of the Stadium is super fun and anything downtown -- easily accessible postgame -- is perfectly fine.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                While VT is having a bad year, Indiana hasn't even won a B1G game yet...and we're dogshit if you haven't been paying attention. I mean, did you see any of the Michigan-Northwestern or Penn State-Indiana games?
                I guess I would have to root for Wisconsin so LSU could be champions of the B1G.

And with Mizzou, I think Pinkel has done a great job of making the most of what he has. They are much better since September.

Comment

• I wouldn't recommend a trip to Morgantown to anyone other than The Prophet. Hell-fucking-hole. I embraced survival mode within seconds of getting out of the car and taking in my surroundings. Good god.

Comment

• Saw a video of Penn a State students throwing beer cans at rival fans. The beer cans were full, or at least half full.

Despite the poor sportsmanship, that's a criminal waste of beer.

Comment

• I've been to both Penn State and Wisconsin. I'm not big on the tailgating scene so we hung out at the bars downtown (which are like a mile or more from the stadium). We were wearing OSU garb and actually had some students buy a round for us. This was in 2012. Probably wouldn't have happened after the game, heh

If you own an RV though, Penn State is a paradise. I don't think there's another stadium in the Big10 that has more empty space around it.

Comment

• Some LSU fans seek out the lone rival fan with his girl and go up to them and say things like, "Nice looking cunt you have here. How much?"

Travel in groups in BR and they usually leave you alone. Horrible fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                          Saw a video of Penn a State students throwing beer cans at rival fans. The beer cans were full, or at least half full.

Despite the poor sportsmanship, that's a criminal waste of beer.
                          Was it this?

[youtube]jDiRPUiQZHc[/youtube]

Penn State fans have really risen in my mind to being the most sanctimonious in the conf, even ahead of NfW and Michigan. This is a good video to pull out whenever they get on a high horse about how fucking classy they all are and how uniquely horrible OSU fans are.

Comment

• Some LSU fans seek out the lone rival fan with his girl and go up to them and say things like, "Nice looking cunt you have here. How much?"

Travel in groups in BR and they usually leave you alone. Horrible fans.
                            Well, it's long been said that the list of decent, semi-adjusted and at least moderately intelligent human beings to come from Louisiana begins and ends with Paul Morphy and Jimmy Swaggart. Otherwise, a detestable pox upon humanity, the entire lot.

Comment

• Penn State and their fans go fuck themselves -- at least they won't be fucking small boys. I love owning their ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Well, it's long been said that the list of decent, semi-adjusted and at least moderately intelligent human beings to come from Louisiana begins and ends with Paul Morphy and Jimmy Swaggart. Otherwise, a detestable pox upon humanity, the entire lot.
                                lmao. Well played.

Comment

Working...
                                X