No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure a "cis brothel" is a thing. Is it? Or maybe it's redundant. Cis, as far as I know, it means your genitalia and sexual preference strongly aligns with what is "normal".

Or have I misunderstood this term?

The weaksauce sass aside, I want to know.
    Last edited by AlabamAlum; October 12, 2017, 08:07 AM.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I have a friend who teaches in women's studies. We will both attend a faculty congress today. Wonder how I can broach this topic with her.

"Hey, crazy weather. BTW, what would a 'cis brothel' be?"
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Your notion of normal, and in fact that of most fully-developed humans, probably differs greatly from Talent's.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
          Your notion of normal, and in fact that of most fully-developed humans, probably differs greatly from Talent's.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
          Oh, good point.

Comment

• AlabamAlum:

Cis brothel would, to my understanding, refer to your garden variety homo or hetero brothel. I wasn't sure where you and hack would go re the boy/girl thing, so left it open. I'm not one to judge.

Use of the term assumes the existence of trans brothels. I assume such things exist in Lagos, though the Nigerians may also execute sexual deviants, at least the alphabet gays, so who knows.

Along the same lines, I guess I could have also specified Binary cis brothel under the assumption that Non-binary cis brothels exists.

But, yes, please do broach the topic with your quack friend. In particular, see what you can find about Two-spirit hookers in Montgomery for, umm, a friend.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              AlabamAlum:

Cis brothel would, to my understanding, refer to your garden variety homo or hetero brothel.....blah, blah, blah, weaksauce, blah, blah, boomer sooner, blah, blah...

That was not my understanding of the meaning or implication when using cis. It seems to me that if you said "cis brothel" you would be excluding gay AND trans.

If that is the case, it would be better to simply say 'brothel' and only denote lesser variants when the need arises.

Comment

• But you had one thing correct, she is a quack. She us usually wearing some sort of crystal, she smells of patchouli and will often use the word chakras.

Sweet person, though. A kind and generous soul.

Comment

• Cisgender/cis: term for someone who exclusively identifies as their sex assigned at birth. The term cisgender is not indicative of gender expression, sexual orientation, hormonal makeup, physical anatomy, or how one is perceived in daily life.
                  Ponder the above so as to not embarrass yourself further in front of your women's studies friend. I'm not implying anything using "cis" -- it has an actual meaning you fucking troglodyte.

Comment

• More importantly, don't forget about the Montgomery two-spirit query. TIA.

Comment

• Cisgender/cis: term for someone who exclusively identifies as their sex assigned at birth. The term cisgender is not indicative of gender expression, sexual orientation, hormonal makeup, physical anatomy, or how one is perceived in daily life.

Talent,

So, if -according to that definition (and there are many)- it has nothing to do with sexual orientation, what use would it have as an adjective for the word brothel? And you concede that your earlier explanation of 'gay or straight but not trans' was as wrong as wiz trying to sire a male child?

Comment

• And the two-spirit hookers are just men dressed as women.

Comment

• Cis brothel would, to my understanding, refer to your garden variety homo or hetero brothel...Use of the term assumes the existence of trans brothels
                          Please re-read this. Thanks. I used cis (which, according to THE definition does not describe orientation, you dolt) to refer to the normal brothel under the assumption that trans brothels exist. Operating under that assumption it is more appropriate to say cis/trans than nothing and trans because the latter is a blatant attempt to normalize a certain way of gender identifying, and that's a no no.

And you concede that your earlier explanation of 'gay or straight but not trans'
                          I haven't a clue what you're talking about. It seems like you're attributing words to me, but I'm fairly certain the attribution, like the bulk of your work, is, at best, an egregious wrong.

I mean, you'll have to concede to me that your previous statement that 'Nick Saban killed a griffin on Saturn' is in error.

Comment

• Someone is going to actually read these posts. LOL. Suckers.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              Talent,

So, if -according to that definition (and there are many)- it has nothing to do with sexual orientation, what use would it have as an adjective for the word brothel? And you concede that your earlier explanation of 'gay or straight but not trans' was as wrong as wiz trying to sire a male child?
                              AA...I wish you were dead.

:::fart noise:::
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Please re-read this. Thanks. I used cis (which, according to THE definition does not describe orientation, you dolt) to refer to the normal brothel under the assumption that trans brothels exist. Operating under that assumption it is more appropriate to say cis/trans than nothing and trans because the latter is a blatant attempt to normalize a certain way of gender identifying, and that's a no no.

I haven't a clue what you're talking about. It seems like you're attributing words to me, but I'm fairly certain the attribution, like the bulk of your work, is, at best, an egregious wrong.

I mean, you'll have to concede to me that your previous statement that 'Nick Saban killed a griffin on Saturn' is in error.
                                Yes, but earlier you said, "Cis brothel would, to my understanding, refer to your garden variety homo or hetero brothel. I wasn't sure where you and hack would go re the boy/girl thing, so left it open. I'm not one to judge. Use of the term assumes the existence of trans brothels. I assume such things exist in Lagos, though the Nigerians may also execute sexual deviants"

This does not jive with the detinition you later posted that suggested that sexual orienation was not a component. Further, use of the adjective "cis" before brothel was nonsensical by any definition in this weak attempt at sass.

Comment

Working...
                                X