No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because humans are clannish and mean. Think Old Testament imaginary bearded sky dad.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Are you trolling me or have you been to Lagos? That is one of my favorite places.

Comment

• Just last week Sarah Sanders was claiming Trump respected the 1st Amendment pretty much more than anyone else alive

[ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/918267396493922304[/ame]

Comment

• Also, "frankly it's disgusting".

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            Are you trolling me or have you been to Lagos? That is one of my favorite places.
            I didn't know you had been. My uncle is an exec with Eland Oil. Several years ago he was transferred from the Aberdeen, Scotland office to the Lagos office. He also has to spend a decent amount of time in Abuja, but I haven't made that trip yet. I have visited him twice. Truly one of the world's most underrated cities.

What stirred my wanderlust is that Anthony Bourdain is doing his next show there.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I'm sure all those enraged by the PC, anti-free speech culture on college campuses will react with horror to Trump's threats to shut down networks that he regards as hostile because "it's in the public interest".

That or it'll be progs to blame for 'giving him no choice'.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                I didn't know you had been. My uncle is an exec with Eland Oil. Several years ago he was transferred from the Aberdeen, Scotland office to the Lagos office. He also has to spend a decent amount of time in Abuja, but I haven't made that trip yet. I have visited him twice. Truly one of the world's most underrated cities.

What stirred my wanderlust is that Anthony Bourdain is doing his next show there.
                Oh really? I sure as heck don't go for the food, but Bourdain will eat a lot more things than I am willing to. I go once a year, and lose weight every time. It's a fascinating place, tho, no? No better place on Earth to understand the phrase ``necessity is the mother of invention". I'm working on a oil/gas piece now; will send you a link. Maybe your uncle might have cause to call me stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                  Oh really? I sure as heck don't go for the food, but Bourdain will eat a lot more things than I am willing to. I go once a year, and lose weight every time. It's a fascinating place, tho, no? No better place on Earth to understand the phrase ``necessity is the mother of invention". I'm working on a oil/gas piece now; will send you a link. Maybe your uncle might have cause to call me stupid.

My uncle is a Scot. We are known for our congeniality and grace.

Comment

• Also, you talk funny.

Comment

• I DO NOT

Comment

• I'm sure all those enraged by the PC, anti-free speech culture on college campuses will react with horror to Trump's threats to shut down networks that he regards as hostile because "it's in the public interest".
                        Well, it's a "threat" from DJT, a man of willing to say anything, and the threat is so far-fetched and unconstitutional in so many ways that he might as well have threatened to send dissidents to Jupiter.

Folks on campuses are, you know, actually being shut up. I quit posting the stories because it's more or less every day that your boys are striking out against all that disagree. I almost posted about the ACLU speaker -- yes, ACLU speaker -- your boys shouted down at W&M. That'll learn you to take a principle approach to the 1st A and defend nazis!

However, I do give you thumbs up for well-player and hilariously ironic what-about take. Well done.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Heh. Well, thanks.

Comment

• Trump serves notice to Puerto Rico that FEMA won't be around forever. Excellent. What, like 85% of the island still has no power?

Comment

• Heh. Well, thanks.
                              I try to acknowledge quality work when and where that unicorn appears on this forum.

And, TBH, it seemed like we were teetering on an AA-Hack in-depth analysis of the best cis brothels in Lagos discussion, something had to be done.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Lagos is where the epic McCartney album Band on the Run was recorded, so there's that.

Comment

Working...
                                X