Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does "broke a lid" mean?
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• When the White House press office says "that's a lid" it means there's no more news/statements expected that night. Breaking a lid therefore means that they called the press back in after effectively declaring the day over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        When the White House press office says "that's a lid" it means there's no more news/statements expected that night. Breaking a lid therefore means that they called the press back in after effectively declaring the day over.
        Thanks
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• After the Vegas shootings, I said to friends, "at least none of the conspiracy nuts will go 'this is a false flag made up event with actors' like they did with 911, Sandy Hook, etc" because there were dozens of videos and over 20,000 people who started running when shots ran out.

I was so wrong. YouTube is full of them.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• People are dumb.
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Including presidential confidant Alex Jones and American patriot Ted Nugent.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                Stop questioning the motives of our government...get right with fascism...

dolt

We've had fascism for over 100 years. Government allows the means of production to be in private hands but controls it by so-called regulation. Government is a blood-sucking Leviathan that increases in size every year. In America it's done without being an overt dictatorship. Ruby Ridge was an atrocity.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Comment

• I have a weird request, and since some of you here are quasi-literate, help me find a word that I have lost through my advanced age for a piece I'm writing:

The word means to keep something quiet, or hush-hush, especially like an affair.

Thanks in advance.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                      We've had fascism for over 100 years. Government allows the means of production to be in private hands but controls it by so-called regulation. Government is a blood-sucking Leviathan that increases in size every year. In America it's done without being an overt dictatorship. Ruby Ridge was an atrocity.
                      So was Waco.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        I have a weird request, and since some of you here are quasi-literate, help me find a word that I have lost through my advanced age for a piece I'm writing:

The word means to keep something quiet, or hush-hush, especially like an affair.

Thanks in advance.
                        shaddup
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It depends on the context AA but surreptitious maybe?
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            I have a weird request, and since some of you here are quasi-literate, help me find a word that I have lost through my advanced age for a piece I'm writing:

Thanks in advance.
                            Nick Saban probably knows a few words for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                              It depends on the context AA but surreptitious maybe?
                              Good, but this is more a plan for a secret place to meet, usually for an affair.

Comment

• Assignation! Damned synapses and dendrites.

Comment

Working...
                                X