• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I subscribed. Shes got a future!

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      That was good! Charming.
      Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      Indeed. Her voice reminds me a bit of the girl who sings "The Show" on the movie Moneyball. Name escapes me.
      Thanks

You should check out her originals, especially 1184 Miles (the distance from Spanish Fort to NYU.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• No love for Bruce Willis' 1987 cover album tour de force, The Return of Bruno?

Fail people. Fail.

Comment

• Much love. I gave it to my wife on vinyl for her birthday. She still loves me.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            *shameless dad plug*

Speaking of covers, this is my daughter's cover of John Hartford's In Tall Buildings.

Everyone should watch it and then subscribe to her Youtube channel. ;)

https://youtu.be/nkPXiFah35w
            Fabulous. Love Hartford, particularly that song but also First Girl I loved. Ahh hell the whole Aereoplane album.

Also, since ya'll are going on about covers...Glen Campbell's version of Gentle on my Mind...most don't realize Hartford wrote and performed that first.
            Last edited by whodean; September 21, 2017, 10:26 AM.
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
              I did not know about this. Holy shit. Made my day; thank you. I'm getting out of here before this becomes a rabbit hole.
              Which song? The Helpless cover was on a special ep of covers you got when you bought I think the album after Lay It Down. The One cover is off of the an album of covers by them. Margo Timmins could sing a post by crash and make it sound great.

Comment

• Zeppelin is a divisive group, if you are going to die on the hill defending Led Zeppelin, Stairway to Heaven is not the song you use. It's OK.

Comment

• Helpless. The chorus builds just like The Last Waltz version. I guess I have to expand what I know about the Cowboy Junkies. I made a few ventures past Trinity Sessions a while back, but not much.

Comment

• I'm a big fan of covers. It's really interesting to hear different interpretations of the same material. "You're all I need to get by" by Aretha is my wife and my song.

I really think "Mrs.Robinson" by the Lemonheads is one of the best.
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I love this news article title:

"'Death Wish’ Coffee Recalled For Potentially Lethal Botulism Risk"

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• [ame]https://youtu.be/wsrvmNtWU4E[/ame]

Old Irish song..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• [ame]https://youtu.be/nHYVQAbcCxo[/ame]

Wicked game

Comment

• The Dubliners or the Chieftains for Whisky in the Jar. Can't really enjoy too many others. YMMV.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• [ame]https://youtu.be/vt1Pwfnh5pc[/ame]

Cash and Hurt

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                The Dubliners or the Chieftains for Whisky in the Jar. Can't really enjoy too many others. YMMV.

Irish band in Michigan called blackthorn that does a great original Irish version of the song. Still my favorite but this take on the song I like too

Last edited by entropy; September 21, 2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X