No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republican snowflakes whining about free speech, using DOJ prosecution to soothe their little hurt feelings. The pettiness of this must make Chump proud.

The Department of Justice will retry a woman whom prosecutors say disrupted Jeff Sessions’ confirmation hearing for attorney general by laughing.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• How can you do anything other than laugh at that dude?

Comment

• Who the heck is Laura Jarrett? (There are no hot chicks in journalism.) (No that doesn't count anchors.)

Comment

• Tara Palmeri ain't bad. If you consider working at Politico to be 'journalism'

Comment

• AA- Couldn't believe the cop/nurse thing when I saw it earlier. Did I hear correctly that his Lt. told him to arrest her if she wouldn't let him draw blood? If so that guy should be gone too

Comment

• Yeah, he should be fired, too. Doctors and nurses aren't usually anti-cop, but the cops I've worked with know that when their suspect/perp/whatever roll in, they're patients to us - and that's the ones under arrest, which this guy wasn't.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                Who the heck is Laura Jarrett? (There are no hot chicks in journalism.) (No that doesn't count anchors.)
                Back in the early 90s I was stationed at Fairport Harbor, just east of Cleveland. One of the local Cleveland TV stations used to send Kelly O'Donnell out to do feature stories at our station. She was a little cute thing. About 5'6", red hair and freckles. She must have just been out of school. I remember her as being a giggly little girl. She is a but matronly now as a 50+ year old
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I should have said print journalism. Maybe this is an on-air person that also sometimes writes.

Comment

• San Francisco hit 106 degree today, the hottest ever recorded in the city. Been an extremely hot summer for the west coast

A blistering heat wave bearing down on the Bay Area Friday broke an all-time temperature record in San Francisco, which joined a host of other cities across the region in etching new high temperature marks in the history books.

Comment

• Freezing in Ohio and an otherwise awesomely pleasant August.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        San Francisco hit 106 degree today, the hottest ever recorded in the city. Been an extremely hot summer for the west coast

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...442510293.html
                        Been fucking scorching here. Good thing I've only had a few weeks of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Freezing in Ohio and an otherwise awesomely pleasant August.
                          Yeah we went from August weather to October weather in 24 hours

Comment

• In ATL and South FL the last month it's been 95 with heat indexes in the low 100s. Humidity has been oppressive from the tropical SE winds.

Woke up this morning in ATL it's 63 with humidity at 40%

Football!
                            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• This may be one of the better pieces I've read on the N. Korea problem. It's underlying premise is that one must recognize a problem without a solution, i.e., the NK problem, is a fact and deal with it from there.

The author's recommendation "from there:"

.........the least bad option would be to openly declare that America already considers the North Korean regime to be China's puppet, and that North Korean misdeeds are really Chinese misdeeds. That would come at a price, too. But it would incentivize China either to rein in the North Korean regime or, eventually, get rid of it.

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Trump's longtime private security goon (Schiller) is reportedly leaving by the end of the moth.

Also saw a story today that Kelly wants Omarosa out.

The sycophants and panderers are slowly being replaced by professionals.

Comment

Working...
                                X