• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
    Neither side seems decent anymore.
    You just now figuring that out?

UKBB (gave up on both parties long ago)
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
      BTW ...... I've never perceived anything that Geezer has posted as an attack on me.

I do know that it is hard to keep posts about HC reform on point. There are so many aspects of it that to keep them in neat compartments is difficult.
      Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
      I am not, and have not, attacked Jeff during this whole recent discussion about the ACA and rinocare. In fact, I specifically asked him to comment on the matter a few days ago. Jeff changes his opinions when new facts present themselves, and he is not bashful in saying so. That's a good thing.

But one thing I do know. You, SLF, are not a lawyer. No fiduciary could possibly not know what the AMT is.
      I never said that you were attacking Jeff. You are attacking me. When I said something cross to you, Jeff rightly called me on it. I'm waiting for him to call you on it too. The fact that he doesn't tells me something.

And I never said I didn't know what the AMT is. Why do you insist on always acting like you know everything, when you clearly do not.
      Last edited by SeattleLionsFan; March 15, 2017, 01:36 PM.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Hack do you have the Tennis channel?

Arguably the greatest rivalry in the history of tennis will continue at the BNP Paribas Open tonight 8:PM Roger Federer quarter-final clash with Rafael Nadal.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          Jeff,

We get what's called a DSH payment for indigent. It traditionally covers 30% of the costs incurred.

Geezer,

Yes, you get treatment. As basic and as limited as we can get away with. We will deliver the baby, get you angioplasty for a STEMI (heart attack) and stop your bleeding from your cut or cast your broken bone, etc. chronic diseases, not so much.

SLF,

Most hospitals won't really raise prices for indigent care -at least for several years- as we can't really set our own prices any more. The government and insurers do. So, we write-off what we can to offset this. Some states, counties, and municipalities do have us included in their tax schemes for indigent care, too, so there is that.
          I don't think that Hospitals raise prices directly in response to indigent care anymore than they raise prices directly in response to increased regulation. But nothing in life is free, and it is being paid for somehow. Either in lower profits for shareholders, lower wages, less investment, and/or increased overhead.

Comment

• Well, sure. Someone pays for it. .Someone always does. Regardless of the scheme.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Except for the sick person who is treated. They pay nothing, except maybe bankruptcy.

Comment

• Hospital administrators are right behind mass murderers and accordion players in the line for the 7th Circle.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Thanks, Wings. Appreciate the headsup. Although, I'm working 9-12pm today and then taking much of tomorrow and Friday off. But I really have to get back in the habit of watching tennis.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Hospital administrators are right behind mass murderers and accordion players in the line for the 7th Circle.

We're as hated as lawyers. Sad!
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      We're as hated as lawyers. Sad!
                      Lol! I went from working in Customer Service at a health insurer to law school. I don't know that was a step up in likeability.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                        Lol! I went from working in Customer Service at a health insurer to law school. I don't know that was a step up in likeability.

If you could transition to the IRS, you would have Hate Yahtzee!

Comment

• Or infiltrate the high society circles of South Platte, NE. Major pricks, that lot.

Comment

• Let's not limit it to Best Platte. Nebraskans, in general, are the most hated dregs of society.

Comment

• Foul lies and deflection from the Pachyderm State. Sad!

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                                You just now figuring that out?

UKBB (gave up on both parties long ago)

Heh..

Btw... the sun is bright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X