No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noid, Politics are played in every industry and organizations in the world. Every locker room has its own politics. A losing culture is normally bad politics. I am hoping that the new management of the ions xN clean up the politics and just focus on winning. Sometimes the players with the most talent can also add to a losing culture. We don't know what the lions locker room is like.

Comment

• I never said anything contrary to that.

But there is no evidence of MS being a locker room cancer, either.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
        I truly believe that this Stafford issue will be put to bed in the next 3 years. Quinn is not going to fire Patricia if lions can't get over the hump. Stafford is going to get his running issues and defense fixed. Then we will find out if they can truly win with him or they'll have to move on. He's on his last contract with lions if they don't advance to at least not championship game or superbowl.
        3 years? Nah. Lions organization is married to Stafford until he retires.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
          3 years? Nah. Lions organization is married to Stafford until he retires.
          This, for better or worse, it won't be wins or losses but quality of play that causes a divorce. If the Lions are still middle of the pack but Stafford continues to play above average the Lions will keep him till he retires.
          AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Kind of like Phillip Rivers.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              Kind of like Phillip Rivers.
              Exactly who I thought of as I typed that.
              AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes
                You forgot to add a QB that has shown over time that he cannot raise the game of mediocre talent.

It all spells full 3-5 year rebuild.
                rebuild? - we are at the pinnacle of mediocrity......it's fucking nirvana, we'll be riding this wave for the duration of Mediocre Matty's contract!!!! Glorious days, not to mention, extremely profitable!!!!!

Comment

• Kirk Cousins already has surpassed Matthew Stafford as the highest paid QB in the division; Aaron Rodgers could get an even richer deal this summer

Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford's mega contract now feels like bargain

“It’s the market, I think,” Lions president Rod Wood said. “I always look at these comments (I get from NFL people at events like this), a lot of teams like our quarterback. He’s really good. And I said this, I think when we did Matt (Patricia’s) press conference, when we were interviewing coaches it was one of the main attractions to our team, that we have a quarterback. Anybody that’s going to take over a new team as a head coach, that’s one of the most important things to them, that you have a quarterback that you can win with. I think everybody that we interviewed believe that we do have that.”
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• QB contracts ... well actually ... most professional athlete contracts are absurd. I just took a look at Jimmy G's deal and wished I made half of his workout bonus annually. The amount of money these guys make is crazy.

5 years 137,500,000.
                    cap hit 2018- 37,000,000 (21% of the teams cap)

Niners are committed to him for a minimum of 3 years before they could get out of that contract. If he sucks for and they want to cut him in 2019 they'd have 13M in dead cap. 74M of his contract is guaranteed. 37M of it this year. I guess that answers does anyone front load a contract question.

Stafford's deal is a little more balanced. The Niners will actually have an easier time dumping Jimmy than the Lions would releasing Stafford.

Stafford has 10M roster bonus in '21 & '22 so I supposed it's possible to cut bait before those bonus $'s kick in. There is no way he's leaving for the next 3 years however ... which I'm fine with by the way.

I just think it's interesting how the deals are structured.

Cousins deal is wild ... 24, 29, 31M cap hits for the next 3 years. Don't like what you have 2 years from now, tough. You'd have 31M in dead cap space.
                    Forever One!

Comment

• If they can't win with Cousins, they aren't going to win with whatever else is out there available. With that defense you go all-in, no sense staying at home. Windows of opportunity are short in this league, save for a couple of organizations that understand how to build/maintain rosters.

Comment

• In do not think they’ll win with cousins - he’s Mediocre Matty 2.0

Comment

• Yeah, the Vikings should have done whatever it took to acquire a REAL winner.

Like Nick Foles.

Comment

• If only we could go back to the glory days when we had a real QB.

You know, Horrible Harrington. Putrid Peete. Winless Ware. Lame Long. Kraptastic Kitna. Dumbass Detmer.
                            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• No April fools joke, I found out Joey harrington's first name is John, like our hero Matthew. Can't make this stuff up in Lions story of glory.

Comment

• John Stanford? Da fuk?
                                AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

Working...
                                X