No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hossa and that punk Kane (I hate that kid) have really picked it up. When Kane has the puck its seems like its stuck to his stick, he has been gaining the Detroit zone and he either setting up shop or getting a good SOG. Dats and Z have to show up big time for any chance.

Comment

• Howard needs to stand on his head and Black Hawks need to get a little too confident. I have my doubts both will happen.

Comment

• L. A. up 2-0 over San Jose in game 7

Comment

• LA advances. If the Wings win, I'd kinda rather play the Kings, and the Wings have been San Jose's bitch the past few years.

Comment

• Another early playoff exit for perennial loser Joe Thornton.

As for the Wings, Howard plays well enough to win but is hung out to dry far too often. Detroit got lucky in the first round when Perry couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 8 feet away but you had to figure Chicago would cash in on their fair share of opportunities and that's exactly what they've done.

The Wings, led by Brendan Smith, have the worst defense I've ever seen in 25 years of following the team. I understand he was some sort of coveted prospect a couple years ago so I won't kill Babcock for playing him with the hope that this experience will pay dividends down the road. I hope the future is bright for him because the present is abysmal. The bottom line is that Chicago currently is just a much, much better team than Detroit is.

Even up 3-1 I felt like we were getting away with something. I told a friend it reminded me of Carlito's Way and we just need to get on the damn train. Don't look now but here comes Bennie Blanco from the Bronx.

Comment

• Or get in, start your car, look in the rearview mirror and see Luca Brasi seated behind you.

Jonathan Quick is playing lights-out goal right now for LA.
              3 playoff shutouts, .948 SVPT....he's gonna be pure hell to face in the SCF.

Held San Jose in G7 last night to a single goal.
              Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 29, 2013, 08:28 AM.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• It'll take a lot of luck, but stranger things have happened. I never figured in a million years that the Wings would lose that game 7 to San Jose in 1994.

Comment

• I knew it, Rangers fire that obnoxious dago Tortorella .

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...re-tortorella/
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Bet the house, the barn and your wife's hope chest on the Blackhawks.

The Wings have choked.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I agree with the first part, Liney. Not the second. The Wings didn't choke, the Blackhawks woke up and realized they were down 3-1 to a team that had beaten them exactly once in regulation in the previous 18 meetings. 13-1-4 was Chicago's record against Detroit going into this series and I believe they had won 8 or 9 straight AT the Joe. I was just hoping the Wings wouldn't get embarrassed and maybe actually win a couple games.

In the end, playing 14 playoff games is about 9 more than a lot of people expected so I'm not at all bitter. In fact, I'm encouraged for the future. The Wings are definitely going through a rebuild/transition period so, IMO, they have acquitted themselves quite well for playing 7 rookies in the playoffs.

If you want to talk about choking, see the Anaheim Ducks.

Comment

• I know, Mike.

I just hate seeing Chicago get the best of Detroit in anything ... :-)
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Try living with someone from Chicago ;)

Comment

• Still the Hawks need to win a 3rd elimination game in a row, anything can happen.

I say 80/20 Hawks pull it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Try living with someone from Chicago ;)
                              lol. Is there still a wedding?

Comment

• Yes. She's actually kinda pulling for Detroit just so I'll be tolerable. Lol. Plus, we've had plans tonight for a while so I can only watch the 1st period. That should be enough nonsense to hold me over til next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X