No announcement yet.

Michigan v Indiana - Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it all adds up to ``shit happens''. On the road night game in Iowa City, etc. They're gonna crank Indiana. OSU is another matter.

Comment

I'm not doing it but here's what PFF has to say:

Indiana at No. 3 Michigan
      Line: Michigan, -23.5

Under/Over: 53.5

The first loss in the books and health at QB a major concern, many interested eyes will be on the Wolverines this week to see how they adjust to possibly having to survive without Wilton Speight. Michigan?s defense should rebound nicely this week, as Indiana failed to average 4.0 yards per carry the past two weeks against Indiana and Penn State, but will need to lean heavily on the ground game with heavy wind and rain in the forecast. While there are whispers that Speight may actually be able to play this week, more than likely the Wolverines will lean on John O?Korn and possibly even Jabrill Peppers to take the bulk of the snaps.

Prediction: Michigan 27, Indiana 13
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Massive overreaction to a loss....M by 3 TDs at least.

Comment

I've always felt this game would be tough. I would not be surprised if IU finally beats us.

Comment

I'll be freezing my ass off in the stands tomorrow. Yet, it's supposed to get to 70 degrees today...damn.

Comment

Weather here in Wisconsin today is crappy. Could have another Michigan v.s. Purdue 1995 there tomorrow. Indiana is due to beat Michigan one of these days. They've lost some heart breakers.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

One close loss on the road and

Michigan 41
                IU 13
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                  I've always felt this game would be tough. I would not be surprised if IU finally beats us.
                  lol. Don't be a drama queen
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

I have to admit, im really looking forward to see how O'Korn plays tomorrow. Its 73 (?F) here right now - damn beautiful. . Game time will be about 53 (?F) and mostly cloudy. Stan, do you want to borrow my fake binoculars I got from Jerry F Bouilden ( fill with rum).

Edit; Weatherbug has 41 (?F) with 80% chance of rain
                    Last edited by WingsFan; November 18, 2016, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Not a good feel on Indiana as a team, seen about 3 Q's of them this season. I'll be surprised tomorrow whatever Indiana throws at us.

Comment

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        lol. Don't be a drama queen
                        Sorry, I don't think you're looking at this objectively.

M has problems with edge defense. McCray is a liability there as well as being bad in pass coverage. Whether IU can take advantage is not entirely clear. But this isn't a slam dunk win like it might have been before this problem became a trend not a single game aberration.

That's not to say the D is not entirely capable of shutting the IU CHAOS offense down but I can name at least three games, maybe four that the opponent had a legitimately good rushing offense that M's D had trouble with. Add that to LB coverage in the short, underneath passing game that every team with a pulse has shown they can take advantage of, that amounts to NOT GOOD.

While I agree one loss to Iowa should not precipitate doom, there is enough objectively problematic issues with M's D through 10 games that there should be concern about an offense like IU's is capable of putting on the field Saturday and producing a second loss.

Looking at the game in it's entirety, when you have an M D capable of giving up some yards, TOP and scores and fielding an offense that is being run by a guy who has a couple of snaps live, you've got a recipe for an offense that can't keep up and a loss. Add in some shitty weather that is not at all conducive to the big pass play Harbaugffense depends on and ST mistakes and there is every reason for concern here.

If the only reason optimists offer for scoffing at those with concerns is a gut feeling, that's not very convincing.
                        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

McCray gets himself in bad positions and misses tackles too, Gedeon missed his share of tackles too vs Iowa.

Comment

What do the computers say???? That's all I care about.

Comment

Computers gave Iowa a 10% chance of upsetting M.

Comment

Whoever runs and stops the run will win the game. Simple enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X