No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be coyotes last game in phoenix with all indications pointing to a return to Winnipeg. What goes around, comes around.

Comment

It's about time! Canada needs one more team that can't win the Stanley Cup :-D

Comment

Vancouver could be Canada's team this.

Comment

Has there been any more injury updates on Zetterberg since he appeared to re-injure his knee in a pre-game skate on the 14th?

Comment

The local radio said today he's been doing about an hours worth of the pre-skates, but no time table for a return. Not much meat there for you, just what I heard this AM.

Comment

One other tidbit I just found:

Henrik Zetterberg (knee) took part in Tuesday's practice.
              "I felt better, still day to day," said Zetterberg. He missed the first three games of the series and, given that Detroit has a 3-0 series lead, we doubt he'll return for Game 4 on Wednesday. Detroit's dominance of the series thus far has taken the pressure off of Zetterberg to attempt a return before he's sufficiently recovered.

Comment

And the guys in red just won't go away yet. They advance to the 2nd round, and get a reward of about a week off in the process. Zetterburg and Franzen should be back by then, according to Babcock.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                  If they go the distance, that will be about the longest I've gone without trimming it.

Results were mixed.
                  Last time we won the Cup my coworkers were making fun of me to no end. I looked horrible.

But.... I didnt care because we won it all!!!
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Looks like San Jose is the second round opponent. LA really blew their chance on Tuesday night.

Comment

well-earned rest by the Wings, Phoenix crumbled and hopefully head back to Winnipeg where they belong. Small market no doubt but a packed arena and tremendous fan support await, which is much better than most US hockey markets anyway.
                      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

I think that they'll probably stay in Phoenix. If they were going to move, I think that they would have moved by now. It would be nice to have the Winnipeg Jets back though.

Comment

Strapped by the financial constraints of being run by the NHL the past two seasons, the Coyotes need to get the ownership issue resolved, whether Bettman likes it or not NHL hockey is DOA in Phoenix, Atlanta, Miami, perhaps St. Louis even Tampa Bay although Yzerman has them headed in the right direction after years of stagnation, a return to Winnipeg is in it's best interest. These arenas are empty, they continue to bleed cash and the locals could careless about hockey.

Economically Successful franchises will no longer waste money in support of the flailing Coyotes and Bettman should brace himself for a setback.

Quebec City & Hamilton are MUST NHL hockey hotbeds, Winnpeg has proven in the past it can sustain and even thrive, their problem was an unfortunate trade disparity in currency, nothing more, now CAD trades on par with USD. Regina would work too although the Province has a population of only 1 million but I guarantee they would sellout every game. You might recall Floral Saskatchewan native, Mr. Hockey....Saskatchewan would cherish their team.
                          Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 24, 2011, 08:46 AM.
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

Congrats to Nashville for winning their first playoff series. They look very strong right now. Easily the best team that they have ever had.

Comment

Asses are puckering tightly in Vancouver right now. They are just the second team since the early '80s to play a Game 7 after leading a series 3-0. The other, of course, was Boston last year. The Sedin sisters are a combined -13 the past two games. Alain Vigneault made one of the dumber coaching moves in memory, starting the backup goaltender in Game 6. I'll definitely be staying up late watching the Hawks and 'Nucks tomorrow night.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; April 25, 2011, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Vigneault decision (besides Luongo's annual playoff meltdown) could be that Luongo is not 100% and was hurt in game in Game 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X