No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch the near end of this. After Joe Thronton tried to severely injure Franzon already sore ankle he then takes 'the dive' like a sniper shot him, then is laughing hysterically in the box about it. Nice behavior from your Caption.

Note; Thronton succeeded in what he wanted to do. Hurting Franzen on that play, Franzon sat the whole third period and missed tonight's game and will miss game 7.

[YOUTUBE]defOE1Ewxsk[/YOUTUBE]
    Last edited by WingsFan; May 11, 2011, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• And, of course, Thornton doesn't get called for unsportsmanlike conduct diving on that play. Gary Bettman really wants his West Coast Stanley Cup winner this year.

Comment

• Just when you think the Wings are dead, they come around and play three of their best games of the season.
        I wonder if the Wings get away with this against any other Western team. The sharks have such a rep for choking away a series that it has to be in their heads right now. Still, only three of the seven teams to force a game 7 after being down 3-0 have won that final game
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I don't like the Wing's chances in Game 7 very much, but it sure feels better to be the team that was once down 3-0 than the team that was up 3-0. San Jose is feeling all of the pressure right now and they have never demonstrated that they can handle it.

Comment

• All the pressure is on SJ no question but pretty tough to win four in a row for Wings. 160 times the team that has jumped out to 3-0 series lead has clinched and only lost 3 times. Will SJ be the 4th ?
            Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 11, 2011, 11:00 AM.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Thornton should have been suspended for the Franzen play. Hopefully Clowe will still be out with the "flu" for game 7.

Comment

• Franzen slash, read the NHL rule book. Franzen another dirty European with a stick which he should control his stick at all times, otherwise it's a trip to the "sin bin"...justice served. Besides he's a dirty player, kneed Crosby a few years ago, had to have surgery, got what he deserved. I guess if Franzen wants to target the NHL's current point leader (Thornton) post 2005 strike/lockout so be it, just don't make it such an obvious and blatant assault.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• You actually support that dirty piece of shit Thornton? He's a disgrace and an embarassment. I hope an errant puck rearranges his smug face.

As for Franzen being a dirty player, you are delusional. And you're clearly an anti-European bigot who can't handle the fact that Europeans have such a prominent role in the NHL now.

Go watch some old Don Cherry videos and you can be bigots together.
                  Last edited by Jamie H; May 11, 2011, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• If San Jose loses Game 7, Thornton will probably sneak out of the building without talking to the media.

Comment

• With a gutless pussy of a captain like Thornton it is no wonder San Jose has never played in the Cup finals.

Comment

• BTW, Thornton is married to a "dirty European", Tabea Pfendsack from Switzerland.

Comment

• OP is anti Red Wing, I would love to see Thornton get 'Kronwalled' on are way to winning game 7.

The Detroit Red Wings’ dramatic 3-1 victory over the San Jose Sharks in Tuesday’s Game 6 of the Western Conference semifinals delivered a record audience for Fox Sports Detroit. The telecast registered a 19.5 household rating and 26 share in the Detroit metro area, according to data from Nielsen Media Research via FSD.

The best rating for a Detroit Tigers game on FSD is 15.6 for a game against the Minnesota Twins on Sept. 30, 2009.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                            OP is anti Red Wing.
                            Well of course he is, seeing how they have been the most successful team in the league over the past 15 years or so using a roster full of "dirty Europeans".

Comment

• Datsyuk is finally get the PR he deserves, the best all-around hockey player in the world.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/1...#ixzz1M53OKTTm

Comment

• Packy it's a slash, plain and simple. In the "New & Improved" NHL dirty stickwork is the norm...if Franzen tried that crap against Gretzky or Yzerman , Semanko or Probert would have taken the next shift, punched his fucking lights out...no trip to the penalty box but to an emergency room with a broken nose and a couple of missing teeth...if he had to pay that sort price, I guarantee he would control his stick. It's called respect.
                                Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 11, 2011, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X