Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess that gets the ball rolling on 2016. If they miss out on Leaf but land Thorton Jr. & Battle, that would still be an amazing class.

Comment

• Teske is pretty good. That's a solid pickup.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Very pleased about it. Would have really liked to see Thornton commit this summer, and can't share Oracle's confidence on that one until he's in the fold. Would have been nice to get him in there to help with the others.

Comment

• Talent, what's the OSU take on Matthew Moyer? Seems all athlete at this point, but a few other OSU takes have him as all Michigan if they offer, which at this point I don't see.

While you're at it, a lot of us are high on Seth Towns, what are your thoughts?

Comment

• Moyer didn't rate for me this past season, so I don't really know. He was a MAC-level recruit, IMO. Apparently he had a monster AAU season.

My understanding is that location will matter. The only reason Florida is in it is because they were first on the bandwagon. Syracuse will have some work to do to sell the family on the distance. OSU has work to do because they were disinterested when he was showing like a MAC kid. If M wanted him, they'd be a major player, but they seem to like Towns better. I hate predicting hoops recruits, but my guess is OSU will eventually smooth things over.

What are you gonna do -- every once in awhile a kid makes a big jump. Caris Levert grows 2 inches or something and JB's essentially blind offer hits big.

I'm not overally enamored with Towns. I'll have to check out a Northland game or two. It's a weird year in Ohio (2016) where basically the top 10 recruits are PFs or maybe SFs. It's really a matter of picking the guy(s) you like best. M likes Towns. OSU likes Funderburk and Moyer, I guess. Teske reads as a PF, too, IMO. Some people really like Omari Spellman. I mean -- you' can go get a decent 4 from Ohio in 2016 if you're one of the in-state/border big-time programs.

Comment

• We've supposedly offered Townes and he supposedly loves Michigan and wants to come here. But he hasn't committed. Does Beilein do non-committable offers? He certainly seems like a Plan B to Leaf.

Comment

• Well Moyer just committed to the cuse so there's that.

I'm a big fan of towns especially in our offense. I don't think he's a plan b at all. I'll bet he ends up in the top 75 somewhere.

Comment

• Heh. Shows you what I know about hoops recruiting!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                    Well Moyer just committed to the cuse so there's that.

I'm a big fan of towns especially in our offense. I don't think he's a plan b at all. I'll bet he ends up in the top 75 somewhere.
                    1. There's only so much space in that class, right? There'll be more by next summer, sure, but presumably given how much Towns loves Michigan he'd have committed were he allowed to, no?

2. Top 75 = Plan B? When Plan A is a top-15 guy in Leaf, it's no insult, right?

Comment

• Teske is a center in JB's offense...

Recruiting board, they've been stacking up on SG/SF types so Battle isn't a huge need but you can't really turn down guys with his talent level. I'm not very high on Towns, he's a 4-year guy imo without a high ceiling but could start as an upperclassman. I don't question JB much anymore but I felt that offer was questionable so early...

*PG: Thornton
                      *SG: Battle among others...
                      *SF: Towns
                      *PF: Leaf

Comment

• Towns has massive potential as a 4 in this offense. He can already shoot and put it on the floor, with 2 years to develop. He's not a great athlete, but his skills more than make up for it. I have really nothing to go on, but I wouldn't be surprised if the staff view Towns and Leaf similarly.

Comment

• Josh Langford visited and was offered today

Michigan extended a scholarship offer to 2016 forward Josh Langford today. Langford is a five-star prospect and the No. 17 recruit in his class according to 247Sports Composite. He also holds offers from Indiana, Louisville, Kansas and a host of other major schools. Langford received the offer an unofficial visit on Friday and is also expected […]

Body-wise, he reminds me of Shabazz Muhammed.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                            Towns has massive potential as a 4 in this offense. He can already shoot and put it on the floor, with 2 years to develop. He's not a great athlete, but his skills more than make up for it. I have really nothing to go on, but I wouldn't be surprised if the staff view Towns and Leaf similarly.
                            Really? Ok fair enough.

Comment

• Again, not much to go on. I think they'd take both though.

Comment

• Teske's a rail but he's got really good lateral-movement and runs the floor well. Of past Michigan players, I'd say he reminds me of Eric Riley the most.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MNlj6cOIro"]Jon Teske Sophomore Scouting Highlights - Michigan Commit - YouTube[/ame]

I'm guessing he'll add some muscle in the next two years. He should be a solid B1G center.

Comment

Working...
                                X