No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He was a good guitarist...Apparently he had spinal fusion done 3 months ago and they told him he would never get better......He killed himself because he didnt want his wife to have to take care of an invalid.

Comment

• It was his choice. The situation was fucked up but I respect his choice. There should be an easier sanctioned way to do that rather than by gun
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Awww, Man. I hate it when this kind of shit happens.
        "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Rodney King, key figure in LA riots, dead at 47

By CHRISTOPHER WEBER Associated Press The Associated Press
          Sunday, June 17, 2012 12:43 PM EDT

FILE - This March 31, 1991 image made from video shot by George Holliday shows... (AP Photo/Courtesy of KTLA Los Angeles, George Holliday)

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Rodney King, the black motorist whose 1991 videotaped beating by Los Angeles police officers was the touchstone for one of the most destructive race riots in the nation's history, died Sunday. He was 47.
          King's fianc? called 911 at 5:25 a.m. to report that she found him at the bottom of the swimming pool at their home in Rialto, Calif., police Lt. Dean Hardin said.
          Officers arrived to find King in the water and unresponsive, with no signs of foul play. He was transported to Arrowhead Regional Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 6:11 a.m, Hardin said.
          The San Bernardino County coroner will perform an autopsy within 48 hours.
          The 1992 riots, which were set off by the acquittals of the officers who beat King, lasted three days and left 55 people dead, more than 2,000 injured and swaths of Los Angeles on fire. At the height of the violence, King pleaded on television: "Can we all get along?"
          King was stopped for speeding on a darkened street on March 3, 1991. Four Los Angeles police officers hit him more than 50 times with their batons, kicked him and shot him with stun guns.
          A man who had quietly stepped outside his home to observe the commotion videotaped most of it and turned a copy over to a TV station. It was played over and over for the following year, inflaming racial tensions across the country.
          It seemed that the videotape would be the key evidence to a guilty verdict against the officers, whose trial was moved to the predominantly white suburb of Simi Valley, Calif. Instead, on April 29, 1992, a jury with no black members acquitted three of the officers; a mistrial was declared for a fourth.
          Violence erupted immediately, starting in South Los Angeles.
          Police, seemingly caught off-guard, were quickly outnumbered by rioters and retreated. As the uprising spread to the city's Koreatown area, shop owners armed themselves and engaged in running gun battles with looters.
          During the riots, a white truck driver named Reginald Denny was pulled by several black men from his cab and beaten almost to death. He required surgery to repair his shattered skull, reset his jaw and put one eye back into its socket.
          The police chief, Daryl Gates, came under intense criticism from city officials who said officers were slow to respond to the riots. He was forced to retire. Gates died of cancer in 2010.
          In the two decades after he became the central figure in the riots, King was arrested several times, mostly for alcohol-related crimes. He later became a record company executive and a reality TV star, appearing on shows such as "Celebrity Rehab."
          In an interview earlier this year with The Associated Press, King said he was a happy man.
          "America's been good to me after I paid the price and stayed alive through it all," he says. "This part of my life is the easy part now
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• RIP, Rodney.

Comment

• RIP, Ray.

He was a game changer.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• RIP Rodney.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• RIP Mr. King.
                  ------------
                  <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• LeRoy Neiman, known for his handlebar mustache and his bright, impressionistic portrayals of the world’s top sporting events, has died.

Leroy Neiman dead at 91

Comment

• When I first read that I thought it said Leonard Nimoy.

RIP Leroy.
                      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• I always enjoyed his work, and had the pleasure of selling it for several years. RIP Mr. Neiman.
                        AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                        2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                        3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                        4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                        5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                        6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                        7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• RIP Leroy.
                          ------------
                          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• I thought for sure he had passed long ago.

Comment

• I also thought Leonard Nimoy has passed. He looked fkn ancient in Star Trek. Must be in his 90's.
                              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• he's still acting (even though says retired) recently in Fringe - the last two episodes of season 4.
                                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X