No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pistons' foibles have been much more about awful management than Monroe's play. The system has been chaos. He's not an elite player. But he is 6'11" and is capable of being a solid piece on a championship contender. I hope he stays. Being that he has been in Pistons' purgatory for his entire career I'm fairly certain he's going to leave.

Comment

• I understand the sentiment on letting him leave but I'm not sure people have a firm understanding on who will be available. There won't be much available, in all likelihood he will be the biggest free agent.

And you have seen, in this stretch since Smith was waived he has been really good and they have been a winning team.

Comment

• Haven't you figured it out yet, Froot? Monroe's got a decent level of talent and is about to get paid big bucks.

Motown don't like 'dem sorts around 'dese parts. Get rid of da bum!

Comment

• Good article on the 76ers here:
          The 76ers' plan to win (yes, really)
          In ESPN The Magazine's Analytics Issue, Pablo S. Torre reveals the mystery behind the most audacious experiment in NBA history.

I really envy their team (in comparison to my team, the Pistons) because of how Hinkie built them...

The assets they have with MCW, Joel Embiid, Nerlens Noel, and Dario Saric. Not to mention Covington and Wroten have turned out to be ok.... They have a crap ton of draft picks in the future.
          and the flexibility with the cap:

Better than the Pistons since 2009 hanging out around the 8th-14th range when it comes to worst team in the NBA.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Rumors that Draymond Green is interested in playing for the Pistons.

Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• ESPN is saying the Pistons are interested in Joe Johnson.

Nooooo
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Please no to Joe Johnson..

Even if we did, what the hell do we have to give up besides a first rounder?
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It sounds like it would be Jennings, Jerebko, Butler and perhaps Datome. Basically it would be a salary dump. The owner is going to sell and is trying to dump assets.

Comment

• Pistons would probably win a few more games with Joe Johnson... lose in the 1st round if they made the playoffs... Get a worse draft pick / lose out on a lottery pick.... and $24 million+ is committed to Johnson next season.

Dumb. I would much, much rather be Phili.... At least his GM is smarter if Van Gundy does this trade. I wonder if Tom Gores is pressuring Van Gundy to make the playoffs this season.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Johnson is in his 14th season and has averaged 36+ minutes a game over his career. He is still putting up respectable numbers this season but is clearly in the twilight of his career. Maybe this would be a statement to Monroe that Det intends to win soon. If it accomplishes that, imho it's worth it. If not, it's not.

Comment

• Who the hell cares about Joe Johnson? We don't have a PG!
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• FUCK Joe Johnson!!!!!
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Fuck Joe Johnson's contract! ...I actually like JJ and think he would fit in perfectly here...just not at those prices.
                            "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• His contract is up after next season. It's not an albatross unless Monroe still walks and Det is not able to sign someone like Green.

Comment

• I'd rather the money go towards Draymond than joe johnson.

Comment

Working...
                                X