Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point will all you assholes just believe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by guitarjack87 View Post
    Real fans? First, show me somewhere where I said that. You are confusing narratives. Its clearer than ever what you are doing. People come here and keep this thread near the top of the page, because they were 'right' and there is nothing more important on the internet.

Seriously. go fuck yourselves. All I did was root for the team that I am a fan of. This thread was originally meant to illicit discussion about what it would take for this team to gain your trust, with a joke title. It was created when the team was 6-3.

Let it go.
    Don't go Kstat on me, you are coming at this the correct way. Also, revel in the fact that you wake up with a boner and a smile and these geriatrics wake up and have their wives vibrator staring at them coldly in the face.

Where there are boners there is hope. I have hope, a magnificent hope, never take it for granted.
    The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• I didn't say poor talent, I said the talent is overrated. Look at the last 6 games, the talent is not showing up. The secondary is bad, they don't put enough pressure on the QB. The offense gets a lot of empty yards. The coaching is bad, but the talent is overrated. The way you talk about the talent, you'd thing this team is a team capable of 13-3. A top 5 defense against the run but 26 versus the pass, in a passing league.

The QB is a turnover machine. Their star running back in an elimination game is crying on the bench. They have enough talent to get to 6-3 and relax, kind of like you. You thought the playoffs were in the bag after the game versus Chicago. Part of your posts have always included the fact that they have Matt Stafford and he is "elite", do you still feel the same way. Maybe he's always going to force passes where they don't need to go. He's had 42 turnovers in 30 games. He's nowhere close to the top QBs in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        I didn't say poor talent, I said the talent is overrated. Look at the last 6 games, the talent is not showing up. The secondary is bad, they don't put enough pressure on the QB. The offense gets a lot of empty yards. The coaching is bad, but the talent is overrated. The way you talk about the talent, you'd thing this team is a team capable of 13-3. A top 5 defense against the run but 26 versus the pass, in a passing league.

The QB is a turnover machine. Their star running back in an elimination game is crying on the bench. They have enough talent to get to 6-3 and relax, kind of like you. You thought the playoffs were in the bag after the game versus Chicago. Part of your posts have always included the fact that they have Matt Stafford and he is "elite", do you still feel the same way. Maybe he's always going to force passes where they don't need to go. He's had 42 turnovers in 30 games. He's nowhere close to the top QBs in the league.

They were capable of 13-3

Let me break this down for you-

Arizona (winning in 4th quarter, pick 6, out coached by a rookie)

Pittsburg (winning in 4th quarter, unstoppable in first half, outcoached and outschemed)

Tampa Bay (winning in 4th quarter, drive to win despite 5 turnovers)

Philidelphia (winning in 4th quarter, went up on the road in shitty conditions before being thoroughly out coached by a rookie)

Ravens (winning in 4th quarter, outcoached, lost to a completely ineffective offense)

Giants (winning in 4th quarter, poor play calling, lost at home to a really bad team)

All are games that the Lions could, and should, have won. All are games where mental lapses, poor playcalling (playing not to lose instead of to win), and stupid mistakes combined with undisciplined play cost them the game. You can throw Cinci in there too, but they actually played well that game, and they probably lose that either way.
        1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• Overrated talent means the QB played his worst stretch of football since his rookie year. If Stafford maintained his level of play, they would be where they should be. Frontrunners? Yes. But it was poor coaching. The defense came to play the last two games, great effort great to see Jonte, Bentley and Greenwood play good football.

Comment

• How in the hell do the Lions put the same team on the field for the past 40 years? They change the GM, the head coach, coordinators, players, and it just doesn't matter. They always choke. They always think they're better than they really are. It's been the same since I was a little kid getting mad at my dad for laughing at them. It is absolutely maddening how consistent they have been.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• If you have this superior talent you win some of those games. They didn't get outcoached yesterday, they didn't show up in the first half. You may want to blame the coaches, fans, snow, etc.. But they failed to show up.

The coaches didn't make Reggie Bush have a pity party to the point they had to trot Theo Riddick out there. They have some talent, but they are still about 10 players away.

pANDs

You guys act like hiring a good coach is easy for Lions. Why do you think they will easily hire someone better, its more likley they hire someone worse. He'll have to be cheap.

Comment

• When does Stafford's 2010 become the aberration in all the data?

I want to see another coaching staff get a crack at the guy, but at some point the dumb throws and the inaccurate throws are just who he is. Then you have to figure out how to work with those flaws.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                  Overrated talent means the QB played his worst stretch of football since his rookie year. If Stafford maintained his level of play, they would be where they should be. Frontrunners? Yes. But it was poor coaching. The defense came to play the last two games, great effort great to see Jonte, Bentley and Greenwood play good football.
                  Why was Reggie Bush crying on the bench. Matt Stafford has been consistently turning the ball over his whole career. He always forced crap, he should have had 5 ints the way he was throwing.

Comment

• It's nice to know Dueche cares so much about our boners.........

The only logical explanation is:
                    I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• GUITARHERO69,

“If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas.”

Reality and the Lions record says who they are.
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                        When does Stafford's 2010 become the aberration in all the data?

I want to see another coaching staff get a crack at the guy, but at some point the dumb throws and the inaccurate throws are just who he is. Then you have to figure out how to work with those flaws.
                        It cracks me up about the sidearm throws, he's 6 2 and he's trying to throw sidearm passes over Justin Tuck. But he does it, "because he can."

Comment

• Originally posted by guitarjack87 View Post
                          They were capable of 13-3

Let me break this down for you-

Arizona (winning in 4th quarter, pick 6, out coached by a rookie)

Pittsburg (winning in 4th quarter, unstoppable in first half, outcoached and outschemed)

Tampa Bay (winning in 4th quarter, drive to win despite 5 turnovers)

Philidelphia (winning in 4th quarter, went up on the road in shitty conditions before being thoroughly out coached by a rookie)

Ravens (winning in 4th quarter, outcoached, lost to a completely ineffective offense)

Giants (winning in 4th quarter, poor play calling, lost at home to a really bad team)

All are games that the Lions could, and should, have won. All are games where mental lapses, poor playcalling (playing not to lose instead of to win), and stupid mistakes combined with undisciplined play cost them the game. You can throw Cinci in there too, but they actually played well that game, and they probably lose that either way.
                          Every game they lost (save the last two) they had a dominant stretch where the other team couldn't compete down to down series to series. And they always made the big mistake to change the game.

Arizona, missed chippy FGs. Cincinatti, blocked FG before end of the half, 10 point swing, then Marvin Lewis ate Schwartz's lunch. Tampa Bay, pick 6 before half up 14-10 and driving. Pittsburgh 27 point 2nd quarter had 1st and goal before half to go up two scores and bury the Steelers, couldn't get the last yard. GB, Philly were two losses where they got out competed. Two games where our offensive scheme was limited by abnormal influences.

I am excited about this coach search, this next year could be a lot of fun. And fuck anybody who let's the Schwartz stench tell them otherwise.

Comment

• They wouldn't fire Schwartz last year because of money, they certainly aren't paying big bucks for an established coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                              GUITARHERO69,

?If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we?d all have a merry Christmas.?

Reality and the Lions record says who they are.
                              You of all people should know what a coaching staff can do for a team, mr KC fan.
                              1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• You guys said the same thing about the talent last year. This year was going to be different. Last year was a statistical fluke.

One of the problem with listing all of the things that went wrong and could have went right is it forgets things that went right and could have went wrong. The Cowboys game is the biggest example.

Comment

Working...
                                X