No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't mind having someone on the team that will take care of players who cheap shot other players.

What I have an issue with (and I have seen this more and more lately) is that after a good solid hit, someone from the other team comes in to drop the gloves. I can see it after a dirty hit or a cheap shot, but after a good clean hit? Really? It seems like the NHL is becoming more and more sensitive. Just pick yourself up and hit them where it matters most..........the scoreboard.

By the way. I've never felt comfortable with Howard in goal.
    All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowMeiser View Post
      I don't mind having someone on the team that will take care of players who cheap shot other players.

What I have an issue with (and I have seen this more and more lately) is that after a good solid hit, someone from the other team comes in to drop the gloves. I can see it after a dirty hit or a cheap shot, but after a good clean hit? Really? It seems like the NHL is becoming more and more sensitive. Just pick yourself up and hit them where it matters most..........the scoreboard.

definitely noticeable these days that solid hits are cause for unnecessary retaliation.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• The big problem for the Wings are the defensive lapses. Babcock has to do something about this. It's getting ridiculous.

Comment

• getting rid of Ericsson would be a huge part of it. Either way Howard was horrible
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Babs was right to sit Howie after the first but his stubbornness to not acknowledge that it looks like he is playing hurt is puzzling.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Detroit better figure something out. They have a tough 9 games left. I wouldn't be surprised if they let the playoffs slip through their fingers. Several playoff hungry teams (Ottawa, Boston, Minnesota and Washington) left to play along with tough games against Tampa Bay, Montreal and the Islanders. Two games left against Carolina that they can probably win but not holding my breath the way they handled Arizona and the choke artists of San Jose.
              All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• I could be way off base here but I am sensing a riff between Holland and Babcock.

Got nothing to back it up other than a gut feeling.

What I am sensing here is Babcock is being strong headed with the lineups because he envisions other talent he knows has proxy to.

May be way off base but, I think last nights game was a bell ringer and Babs will not sacrifice getting into the playoffs by being stubborn.

He will have them in playoff mode within 2 more games. Time to put the throttle to the floor.

Comment

• Well they didnt offer Babcock an extension which sure makes you wonder if there is a difference between the two.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    Mrazek has won 9 of 10 games but we're going to send him back to the minors? I think this is stupid. I get that Howard isn't going anywhere and they like Gus as a backup while the rookie can be sent down without having to clear waivers but this is retarded.

They make everyone else coming back from injury "earn" their jobs so why not in this instance? Let me repeat, we've won 9 of 10 games and we're in 1st place!
                    I hate to say I told you guys so, but we should have stuck with Mrazek back when we were hot. Instead of fighting to stay in 7th place we might be sitting in the top seeds looking at home ice advantage for the playoffs. We never should have went away from the rookie.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

I hate to say I told you guys so, but we should have stuck with Mrazek back when we were hot. Instead of fighting to stay in 7th place we might be sitting in the top seeds looking at home ice advantage for the playoffs. We never should have went away from the rookie.
                      Well he did have a good game yesterday but that is not to say he has not had some hiccups. He has had a few shaky outings also.

It is not a bad thing to test your guys so you know where you stand with them.

I think at this point, it is his job to lose.

Comment

• The problem is that it should have happened a month ago. We were sitting very pretty as one of the hottest teams in the conference if not the NHL with several games in hand on TB. We elected to go with Howard when Mrazek was playing very well and a month later we're fighting to keep the 7th seed. I wish the Wings would stop f*cking around and let the kid play. I don't care if he's a rook or that Howard has a high dollar contract, he's a better player for this team. His puck skills alone give our D a stronger presence.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Wait... Babcock held back a younger player that was performing well for a veteran that wasn't?

I'm SHOCKED by this development.

SHOCKED, I say!

Comment

• I agree and if I recall correctly you were on his side in sending Mrazek back down so Howard and Gus could resume the suckfest.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

The problem is that it should have happened a month ago. We were sitting very pretty as one of the hottest teams in the conference if not the NHL with several games in hand on TB. We elected to go with Howard when Mrazek was playing very well and a month later we're fighting to keep the 7th seed. I wish the Wings would stop f*cking around and let the kid play. I don't care if he's a rook or that Howard has a high dollar contract, he's a better player for this team. His puck skills alone give our D a stronger presence.
                              The only way he keeps him up a month ago is to play him every game. Kid needed to keep playing. Don't keep him up and let him sit.

Comment

I agree and if I recall correctly you were on his side in sending Mrazek back down so Howard and Gus could resume the suckfest.
                                I was on the side of, the Wings are going to do it this way whether I like it or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X