No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Clippers tanked over the course of a couple generations and are now finally good. The best player on their team didn't come from their drafting though.
    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Unless you're Cleveland and they rig the lottery for you
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Now the Lions have pointlessly won themselves out of boat load of talent.... JJ Watt was taken 2 spots ahead of Nick Fairly. I mean can you imagine....

But when you only play 16 games it's even worse to tank until maybe that last weekend. I think the NFL should not even count the last game with regards to draft position. You got teams tanking, playoff teams sitting guys... it's just a mess.
        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
          Now the Lions have pointlessly won themselves out of boat load of talent.... JJ Watt was taken 2 spots ahead of Nick Fairly. I mean can you imagine....

But when you only play 16 games it's even worse to tank until maybe that last weekend. I think the NFL should not even count the last game with regards to draft position. You got teams tanking, playoff teams sitting guys... it's just a mess.
          And then you have teams tanking and playoff teams sitting guys on Week 16 instead of 17. Teams will only go all out for as long as it matters to do so.

Comment

The Clippers tanked over the course of a couple generations and are now finally good. The best player on their team didn't come from their drafting though.
            Came from trading the guys they drafted.
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Pistons have won 4 of 5... great.
              11 games left... maybe if Detroit goes 10-1, they have a shot for the 8th seed?
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Still though... Reggie looks really good lately. KCP is playing at a different speed. Drummond is turning into a man... not just a man child. I'll take the wins.

Comment

• Tonights game was a strong showing for Reggie...Toronto took a late lead and he hit some big baskets....he missed a big one late in hte game but overall you had to like what you saw out of Reggie Jack tonight.

Comment

Still though... Reggie looks really good lately. KCP is playing at a different speed. Drummond is turning into a man... not just a man child. I'll take the wins.
                    I think it's showing that Det is actually better off not signing Monroe -- or perhaps looking to sign and trade. Use the money elsewhere. As much as I like Monroe, and believe he could be a piece on a contending team, he doesn't fit here. Jackson needs an open lane, Drummond and shooters.

Comment

• I wouldn't hold it against Monroe. He's a real good player. I'd just say that the Pistons are not screwed without him.

The Pistons were as hot as any pistons teams I can remember for a month with Monroe playing. I think the turn around is much more about Reggie getting used to SVGs system and playing with abandon than it is about not having Monroe.

Do I think Green would be a better fit than Monroe? Yes I do. But getting Green is no guarantee at all and probably unlikely.

Comment

• Monroe was a good fit with Jennings. He;s a terrible fit with Jackson because Jackson isn't a very good outside shooter, so they get in each other's way in the paint. That's the major reason why the team struggled initially after the trade.

Monroe's biggest problem is his terrible rim protection, though. He actively avoids blocking shots because he doesn't want to get into foul trouble.

Comment

• Anybody watching Better Call Saul? If so did anybody catch the Pistons reference in the last episode?
                          AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Those trades the Cavs made were the tonic they needed. I'm looking forward to a Warriors/Cavs finals.

Comment

• Something about the Bulls beating the Pistons. That was from Better Call Saul. I guess they didn't go back to 89/90 with that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                                Anybody watching Better Call Saul? If so did anybody catch the Pistons reference in the last episode?
                                Yep noticed that too. Other than that, great show

Comment

Working...
                                X