Forumites and their Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love this.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Didn't take Rosie long to make friends with everyone in the house.
        Attached Files
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Oh my goodness, precious photo!!

Mark, how's the training going?
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Wonderfully!

She is very smart and a people person. Could not be a better combination.

Rosie and Lola already have a bond that is precious. We got exactly what we were looking for. A buddy for Lola and a great family addition.

We are coming up to two weeks and she is very close to being house trained even at her young age.

The only mistakes we encounter are caused by us by not being consistent with taking her out after she wakes up and eating.

That has been identified to others in the household and changed.

Comment

• That is fantastic Marco what a picture. ☺ lolz

I'm on the other end of the scale, Buster is getting old and he snoring now. He doesn't hear so well or see that good either, but he still a good boy, likes his walks and likes to ride in the car.

Comment

• It will be very difficult to say goodbye to your best buddy, Wingsfan. Now is the time to spoil him rotten. He already knows the rules, time to reward him for his loyalty.

Comment

• Thanks Marko, he's going on 14 years. Don't really know what I would do without him? He's snoring away next to me now.

I know us dog lovers say are dog is the best, but he really is. ☺

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                      Wonderfully!

She is very smart and a people person. Could not be a better combination.

Rosie and Lola already have a bond that is precious. We got exactly what we were looking for. A buddy for Lola and a great family addition.

We are coming up to two weeks and she is very close to being house trained even at her young age.

The only mistakes we encounter are caused by us by not being consistent with taking her out after she wakes up and eating.

That has been identified to others in the household and changed.
                      I'm so happy you adopted her, she sounds like a great girl!
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                        That is fantastic Marco what a picture. ☺ lolz

I'm on the other end of the scale, Buster is getting old and he snoring now. He doesn't hear so well or see that good either, but he still a good boy, likes his walks and likes to ride in the car.
                        haha Reba is a snorer now also. She will be 14 in July. She has bad arthritis in her spine and can no longer go on long walks, which is really sad. That was something we both enjoyed doing together. Her hearing seems a bit impaired, but she's still smart as a whip and happy. I'm hoping her mobility doesn't get any worse.
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Thanks, Deb.

My last rescue, Odee was with us 15 years and I had to put her down because of arthritis in her hip and loss of bladder control. She was in constant pain and while she still tried hard to please, it was very difficult for her to even get up the couple of steps in and out to go to the bathroom.

It took me 7 years after her to let another dog in the house because I always believed you do not replace family members and, it was very difficult to let go.

I still well up when I think of our last moments.

Comment

• Awww, I know what you mean. Thinking about my last dog, Sonny, still gets me emotional. They are very special.
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• You never replace a buddy. I still miss Shadow every day. But there's always room in your heart.

And the puppy is adorbs, but the old fellas always hold a special place in my heart.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• This happened a few years back now, hopefully you see the funny side to this, Wingsfan:
                                My mother had a wee Cairn Terrier called Lucy, died at 12 years old, tumours on the spine etc, pain, had to be put down etc etc.
                                At the time, my brothers mother in law was dying also. On that Friday, I walked into my mothers house, and she was very upset. I was completely fine when I asked,
                                "Aww, mum." I gave her a cuddle, "Did Gladys finally die?"
                                She said, "No. We had to have Lucy put down!"
                                I immediately let her go and crumpled into a heap of tears and wailing.

We still talk of that now......., I wasn't that bothered if Gladys had died, but Lucy was a heartbreaker!
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X