No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitely. Brandon had too big an ego to get Harbaugh or Miles last time. Probably could have either.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
      And why would that be?

Harbaugh's a great coach, and Michigan made a great hire. What is also tells me is that the Athletic Department has finally set aside it's foolish pride and put together an offer that made sense to the best possible candidate they could, rather than obsess with things said in 2007 or the worry that "[x] coach might bolt for the pros in [y] years."

Why would I hate that again?
      Your disdain for Michigan has been on display for a long time. Ever since I began this thread a few years ago. As for obsessing about the past, you were full of anectodal insider reasons why he would never be allowed to come back. You've never really proven any of it, and now that he has come back you just say the people in the Athletic Department changed their minds. Shades of Adam Shefter and his ever shifting truth. All I know is that they hired the guy you said they would never consider as head coach.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
        Your disdain for Michigan has been on display for a long time. Ever since I began this thread a few years ago. As for obsessing about the past, you were full of anectodal insider reasons why he would never be allowed to come back. You've never really proven any of it, and now that he has come back you just say the people in the Athletic Department changed their minds. Shades of Adam Shefter and his ever shifting truth. All I know is that they hired the guy you said they would never consider as head coach.
        My disdain has been for the athletic department and the clans that formed after Bo's death, men who were more obsessed with securing the "legacy" of their champion (be it Carr or Bo) than what was good for the program. I've never had anything against the school. Hell, I just was interviewed for an assistant editor position at the U-M Press (don't worry, I didn't get the job). I LOVE the school itself and it's academics are top notch.

And you're right, I absolutely did NOT see EITHER U-M or Harbaugh setting aside their pride and coming to terms. It's great that it happened, and the Wolverines have one of the best coaches in the world on their sidelines who already demonstrated a quick turnaround and success with a very similar school situation in Stanford. This is probably the best chance U-M will have to return to prominence. If anyone can do it, it's Jim Harbaugh.
        Last edited by chemiclord; January 4, 2015, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Hmmmmmmm.

Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel 3h3 hours ago Source: Michigan's Greg Mattison has agreed to stay on staff and work on defense under DJ Durkin.
          I know Mattison still had a year on his contract but, I don't understand why he would stick around if someone else was being given his job.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Mattison and the Harbaughs go way back.

Comment

• Plus they say he loves AA and wants to retire there. Its a perfect situation for U of M. I'm glad he's being retained.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Like Gunther Cunningham sticking around the Lions even though Austin was given his old job.

I'm thinking Mattison will have a bigger job with Michigan than Cunningham had with the Lions... like LB coach or "defensive consultant / senior defensive assistant "... like Tom Moore with Arizona / the Colts.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• D J Durkin named as OC.

Comment

• I think you mean DC bro unless Jimmy Ballgame is doing some outside the box shit.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• and Jedd Fisch is WR coach / pass game coordinator.

For those who didn't follow Jacksonville, he didn't get much production out of that offense in his 2 years, but worked with a lot of young/ promising WRs.
                      Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon, Ace Sanders, Allen Hurns, Allen Robinson, & Marqise Lee.

Fisch was given no chance to succeed based on how the Jags are building and the player personnel.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        I think you mean DC bro unless Jimmy Ballgame is doing some outside the box shit.
                        You are correct. Sorry.

Comment

• Comment

• Jimmy Ballgame officially gets rid of Brand-on's Legacy Jersey gimmick and brings back the helmet stickers.

Comment

• I like the idea.

Comment

• GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X