DetroitLionsForum.com
Want to assist with forum hosting and upgrade costs?  Click here to make a PayPal donation:
Please support the forum by using this link to shop with our sponsor:

Go Back   DetroitLionsForum.com > Sports Discussion Forums > University of Michigan

Old September 18th, 2016, 06:38 AM   #1
Jeff Buchanan

Arrow Penn State @ Michigan, Post Game Discussion

M's D gets a rest from the spread on defense but faces more challenging talent and size match-ups on offense.
Old September 18th, 2016, 03:28 PM   #2
WingsFan

Michigan is a 16-point favorite over Penn State. Take M and the points and Bet the farm! This is a mortal lock, PSU (McSorly) going to have a long day.
WingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 18th, 2016, 04:04 PM   #3
WM Wolverine

M's defensive line should cause a lot of issues for PSU's subpar offensive line.
WM Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 18th, 2016, 05:17 PM   #4
froot loops

This will be a blowout. Jim Harbaugh is certainly going to see to that after this last game.
froot loops is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 18th, 2016, 09:47 PM   #5
entropy

Mich will destroy PSU

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by entropy; September 19th, 2016 at 08:56 AM.
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 18th, 2016, 09:56 PM   #6
WM Wolverine

Penn State has similar talent level to Colorado though M imo matches up better with the Lions. 16 point spread is right where I expected it.
WM Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 19th, 2016, 10:25 AM   #7
Buckeye Paul

Remember when Penn State was a consistent national powerhouse, and how so many people said when they joined the Big Ten that they would dominate the conference?
Buckeye Paul is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 19th, 2016, 10:33 AM   #8
jaadam4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Paul View Post
Remember when Penn State was a consistent national powerhouse, and how so many people said when they joined the Big Ten that they would dominate the conference?
Jerry Sandusky sure went out of his way to recruit all ages.
jaadam4 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 19th, 2016, 10:38 AM   #9
entropy

ouch..
Old September 19th, 2016, 10:39 AM   #10
entropy

Initially, they did.. if I remember correctly. Or at least were at the top.
Old September 19th, 2016, 11:06 AM   #11
paul daugherity

A little off topic, but was anyone else both astounded and repulsed by the ceremony over the weekend honoring Paterno and the anniversary of coaching his first game? Have any other Big Ten schools done that (e.g. OSU with Hayes, Nebraska with Osbourne or UM with Bo)? As time goes by, I am finding PSU to be a huge Cult of Personality. It really amazes me.
paul daugherity is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 19th, 2016, 11:27 AM   #12
Jeff Buchanan

Not off topic, Paul.

Everyone associated with PSU has had difficulty accepting JoPa's role in the Sandusky affair. They either dismiss it or rationalize it.

These actions are a pathetic demonstration of institutional circling of the wagons in an attempt to deny reality.

Makes me pretty sick as well.
Old September 19th, 2016, 11:29 AM   #13
CGVT
2018 Forum Upgrade Donor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
Not off topic, Paul.

Everyone associated with PSU has had difficulty accepting JoPa's role in the Sandusky affair. They either dismiss it or rationalize it.

These actions are a pathetic demonstration of institutional circling of the wagons in an attempt to deny reality.

Makes me pretty sick as well.
I have relatives that are Penn Staters. You have summed it up precisely.
Old September 19th, 2016, 11:32 AM   #14
drok

Their behaviour honestly makes me embarrassed to be a college football fan. It's inexcusable.
drok is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 19th, 2016, 12:02 PM   #15
jaadam4

What the heck is going on with Wheatley Jr? Is he playing at all?
Old September 19th, 2016, 12:13 PM   #16
WingsFan

Possibly good news, Jim Harbaugh said during Monday’s presser that they knew before the Colorado game that senior cornerback Jourdan Lewis wouldn’t be playing, but he’s very hopeful the All-American will be back against Penn State:
WingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 19th, 2016, 12:13 PM   #17
paul daugherity

I agree there is a lot of denying and rationalizing going on by PSUers. I just don't understand the whole hero worship of Paterno. For example, referring to his coaching tenure as his grand experiment to make excellent academics and excellent football coexist at a university. First, as if it is his university and he has anything to do with the academics. Second, as if other state universities across the country haven't already done that. It just seems so extreme.
paul daugherity is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 19th, 2016, 12:27 PM   #18
hack

I'm sure its exceptionally difficult to immediately put to rest much of what you hold dear, but that's what would have to happen. Shudder at the notion that we would ever have to do that, but it would be very difficult to accept what happened and to let go of our feelings for Bo if something like that ever came out. Without a doubt many would look for every possible excuse to save themselves from that difficult task, and much as we love Bo he was nowhere as decorated and legendary as JoePa. So, I sympathize with PSU fans in that regard. Decades of memories, the kinds many of you cherish based on your collective over-the-years experiences, now severely tainted. Not that this excuses them from the mission of coming to grips and moving on, but that's gonna be hard and it's going to take a long time.
hack is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 19th, 2016, 03:00 PM   #19
Mackenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Initially, they did.. if I remember correctly. Or at least were at the top.
Here's a link about Penn State's earlier years in the B1G. 2012 thru 2015: 29 and 21 (if my math is correct).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-than-expected
Mackenzie is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 19th, 2016, 03:33 PM   #20
jaadam4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hack View Post
I'm sure its exceptionally difficult to immediately put to rest much of what you hold dear, but that's what would have to happen. Shudder at the notion that we would ever have to do that, but it would be very difficult to accept what happened and to let go of our feelings for Bo if something like that ever came out. Without a doubt many would look for every possible excuse to save themselves from that difficult task, and much as we love Bo he was nowhere as decorated and legendary as JoePa. So, I sympathize with PSU fans in that regard. Decades of memories, the kinds many of you cherish based on your collective over-the-years experiences, now severely tainted. Not that this excuses them from the mission of coming to grips and moving on, but that's gonna be hard and it's going to take a long time.
Def a great post with a lot of truth especially comparing Bo and JoPa with the love of the fans.

The problem is if Bo would have found out Gary Mohler was pulling some shit like that Bo would have handled it IMO. If JoPa really knew that was going on he deserves to get roasted along with that university. There's no room for that garbage