Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Topic: Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Yet another division championship for the Red Wings. Playoffs start April 13th. Potential opponents include Chicago, LA, Nashville, and Anaheim. LA would probably be the easiest. After that, I'm not so sure. All of them have been playing much better than the Red Wings lately.

I'm not too optimistic about this year's playoff run. The team is as shaky as it has ever been in net this year (Jimmy Howard has the lowest save percentage of any of the starting goaltenders that are now in the playoffs), and lately, the team has been playing pretty poorly.

But we shall see.

Can we sticky this topic until the playoffs are over?
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 14, 2020, 06:29 PM.

Imagine that, the Red Wings going into the playoffs with goaltender doubts. We will be fine with Howard.

Comment

I don't think so, WF. I'll be happy if they get out of the first round. The goaltending sucks and they are under .500 at the Joe since Dec. 1st. It's almost unbelievable that they're currently the 2 seed. I'm hoping they draw Anaheim in the first round so I can go to a game.

Comment

oh ye of little faith

Comment

Wings are the three seed now. Most likely, it will stay that way. Our only hope of making it out of the first round IMHO is if we play LA (now without the services of their two leading scorers).

Comment

Hey gang-
            Far be it for me to give any advice, but you all should feel free to post in the Lions forum too.

There are already pre-existing threads discussing the Red Wings, Pistons, and Tigers (and even MSU, ick) if you'd like to jump in those instead of cluttering up the UM board.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Thanks for the invite, Seattle.

I'm sure that as we all settle in more, we'll get around to the other forums in the neighborhood.

I put this thread here for those of us who are too lazy to navigate to other forums.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Plus, we're all creatures of habit. We're used to having these threads back on the old forum, too.

Comment

Another complete shitting of the bed by the Red Wings again last night. The Wings have won only four out of their last ten and they have won three out of their last twelve games against playoff teams. I'll be shocked if the Wings take their first round series to six games.

Comment

Yeah, I see an early exit for them as well. Too bad, because they're getting to be an older team, and the window for Stanley is closing.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

yeah I'm pretty nervous right now with Z hurting.. Filppula really didnt step up this year like I thought he would. His regular season numbers were a bit of a disappointment. I sure hope he does something in the playoffs or we're in trouble.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

I have already made peace that, if Hank cant make it back 100% in round 2 (that is if we win round 1) - forget about it.

Comment

Even with Zetterberg, the Wings would be out in five games. Without Hank, sweep. This is by far the worst I have ever seen the Red Wings going into the playoffs. Going back to the late '80s.

Comment

Hannibal, I don't understand that logic at all. Why are you so down on this years team?

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              Even with Zetterberg, the Wings would be out in five games. Without Hank, sweep. This is by far the worst I have ever seen the Red Wings going into the playoffs. Going back to the late '80s.
                              What? Oh man come on.. That's a bit harsh. Lets just see how they do when the real season starts.

I have a feeling Howard is going to throw the team on his back this year. The kid has the spirit. Now his game will have to do the talking.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X