Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramzy has to cover the Yankees and Coaston gets the Durham Bulls. Definitely a richer tapestry of characters, misery and life's ups and downs for her.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'm glad you didn't quite nail it (Lendl vs Connors might have been better), but you got somewhat close enough to earn a hearty fuck you. In truth most of the people who make Ann Arbor what it is are frightfully boring and have overseen an era of diminishment. Forces at work there larger than just that crowd, but they sure do speed up the hollowing-out process. My recent four years there were in ways a constant reminder of what it was and isn't now. So given that it's great to see that kids can still come through, find some magic and have that treasured formative experience.

Comment

• Yes, but Connors was really good, so you know, the analogy unravels.

Comment

• So's Michigan. True that this era feels like forever at the moment, but it's not. When you go through it it will feel like forever to you too.

Comment

• I should tell you something how M hasn't been an elite national program for nearly 7 decades, but the past is the past, man. In 2015, it doesn't fucking matter to the program going forward. All that matters is whether JH can find a way to beat Dantonio and then UFM in he future.

However, until UFM leaves Ohio State, I'm feeling pretty good about my hand. I doubt he continues on his torrid 38-3 pace and I doubt he remains undefeated against M, but he'll win a lot more CFB games than he loses and he'll continue to have OSU at an elite level. The question is whether JH will be there with him. And if not, then your forever will continue.

And when UFM leaves OSU, I'll cry like a child.

Comment

• You are a child...so there you go.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I remember when Nebraska used to kill teams for the national title. Barely.

hello

Comment

• We've had our moments. We're not going to have as many as some other elite programs because we play it right and honest, and I'm fine with that tradeoff. Wouldn't want it any other way. Its sweeter when you do it right.

Comment

• Cardale is having a press conference at 2pm. He's leaving. Really wish him the best and that it somehow works out for him.

Comment

• After having the opportunity to re-watch the Champ game on the All-22 not sure people will ever fully appreciate how critical Jones was to winning the Nat'l Champ ...

There is a reason Elliott ran for so many yards -- teams were forced to keep their safeties 20 yards deep. And look at OSU's 3d down conversion % and explosive plays from the passing game. Not only does Jones have a huge arm, but he has really nice touch.

I really think he can be a starting NFL QB -- and I very much hope he ends up somewhere like Pitt where he can sit for a few years behind an older, successful QB and learn the ropes .
                      Really hope it happens. Would love to see the Steelers draft him in the middle rounds. Love it.

Comment

• I remember when Talent was a humble janitor...wait...he was just a janitor...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• JTB doesn't run as well as Braxton and he doesn't have the arm of Cardale, but he is probably the perfect fit for that offense. That said, Cardale made one or two throws against Alabama -- deep seam stuff -- that JTB couldn't make, ever.

I think it's more likely than not that all 3 are back, but if you told me 1 would leave, I'd guess Cardale and he declares. As unthinkable as it was 2 months ago, he's probably a draftable player.
                          So, that was before the CFP championship. Afterward I sort of thought it was more likely he was gone, but whatever.

In addition to the money he'll get from the NFL, he can rake in tons of cash for signing memorabilia the moment he declares. The demand for Cardale Jones autographed stuff will never be higher.

Comment

• he can rake in tons of cash for signing memorabilia the moment he declares

Why must he wait? Never stopped the Buckeyes before...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well, he'll have to pay taxes this way. And Cardale is all about being straight with Uncle Sam.

Speaking of being straight and, well, not being straight...where's OP?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Cardale is having a press conference at 2pm. He's leaving. Really wish him the best and that it somehow works out for him.
                                I think this is smart.. it is a weak class for QB's and if he goes to a team with a starter where he can learn for a couple of years, take the money. Sitting on the bench won't improve his stock AND i'm not sure the OSU system will either. Good year to be in his shoes. Next year may not..
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X