Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OP- Yeah, NCAA investigation, it's looming. Based off of Meyer showing favoritism to Percy Harvin in 2007 (according to sources who preferred not to be named).

This is the same Urban Meyer that you praised to the heavens while he was still at Florida, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Breaking news!!!!
      Breaking news that Meyer is a lying, morally inept piece of shit?

No, not really.
      Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• LMMFAO. Heh. You know, I can see OP worshipping the likes of Matt Hayes. Heh. And then M tools come out and it reduces itself to utter idiocy.

Oh well. I did my best to keep this thread on track. So it goes.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• To wit....

Comment

• As a Michigan fan, I intend to treat the Meyer era the same as I treated the Tressell era. Just sit back and wait.

If nothing comes of all this stuff, then so be it.

But, IMO, there are several red flags that Mr. Meyer brings with him from Florida, and if that's fine with OlieO fans, its fine with me.

I have no problem watching "the flagship" sink under the waves once again ...
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Palm Beach Post weighs-in.

Ex-Florida Gators' Urban Meyer defends magazine's allegations that he let his star players run amok

By JASON LIESER
                Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
                Updated: 6:50 p.m. Monday, April 9, 2012

GAINESVILLE — An article in The Sporting News portrayed former Florida coach Urban Meyer as the man who ruined the Gators because he was unwilling to discipline top players, was unethical in recruiting and did not want to keep coaching a weakened roster after struggling in 2010.

Meyer, now the head coach at Ohio State, denied the story's allegations, including one that accused him of telling a recruit he would not send his own to play for Florida because of the program's off-field problems.

"I love Florida; I'll always be a Gator," he told The Sporting News. "My motives were pure as gold when I left. We left Florida because I was dealing with health issues that I've since learned how to control."

Meyer coached the Gators for six years, winning national championships in 2006 and '08. The team went 8-5 in his final season, 2010, then went 7-6 last year under new coach Will Muschamp.

At least 28 players were arrested during Meyer's time at Florida. In Muschamp's 15 months as head coach, nine players have been arrested, though seven of those were signed under Meyer.

Muschamp has occasionally blamed Meyer for poor recruiting, but has otherwise spoken highly of him. Muschamp declined to be interviewed for the story.

The article asserts, based on anonymous sources, that Meyer hid failed drug tests from the public, saying that players who failed were injured when he held them out of games. He also did not discipline ex-Gator receiver Percy Harvin after he grabbed an assistant coach by the neck during a practice, according to the story.

The former assistant, Billy Gonzales, said that incident was "a little overblown," and Meyer said it would be unfair of him to discuss it publicly.

The only current or ex-player who attached his name to his comments in the story was Bryan Thomas, who alleged that Meyer forced him to accept a medical hardship waiver, meaning he would not count against the team's scholarship total, and pushed him to transfer. Thomas called Meyer "a bad person."

Meyer responded that team doctors were the ones who determined Thomas' playing status.

Meyer's rebuttal to most of the charges in the story was that those issues take place "at every program in the country."

"I am very proud of our guys that played at Florida," he said. "I have been criticized that I have been too lenient on players; that doesn't concern me. We are going to go out of our way to mentor, educate and discipline guys the way we see fit to make sure they're headed in the right direction ... We do the best we can and I think our record has been really positive in the impact we've made on those people."
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• You are such a hater, OP ...
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• it is great that Meyer will always be a Gator.
                    Last edited by Pasadena Blue; April 9, 2012, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• You are such a hater, OP
                      Not to mention, hilariously, I mean HILARIOUSLY, hypocritical. I just think of OP gnashing his teeth over the disastrous possibility of OSU getting the best coach in the game, and chuckle, well guffaw, actually, with each post.

It's good stuff.

Comment

• Talent, do you have OP's quote slobbering over Meyer handy?

Comment

• I don't care enough to do a search, DSL. It originally aired sometime in August last year. Reposted, surely, in January of this year and November of last.

We all know what OP thinks of UFM. There's no need to trot it out. Just enjoy the show.

Comment

• Not sure what's most amusing today...the rallying 'round a Matt Hayes article, insisting that Urban Meyer is "unproven", or liney's placing Hoke alongside Nick Saban as the best in the biz

Comment

• It looks like OP really touched a nerve.

Comment

• Lol. I'm furious.

Comment

Working...
                                X