No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good article. Its concerning when a silver-spoon scion, and accomplished anti-intellectual, lectures the rest of us on the need for competition in international relations and makes fundamental position deviations from the course set by people far more intelligent, experienced and learned than himself...oh, and has been wildly successful.

Trump gonna Trump though...making decisions based on the reality he creates is what he does.

Comment

• ADP's job estimate was off by 100,000...how's that happen? Or am i misunderstanding their report?

Comment

• The stuff going on at Evergreen College is extremely disturbing. Now THOSE are some 'campus crazies' I don't mind bashing

Comment

• "It is untrue at most there is maybe 6 seperate ivestigations but most of them are relatively new."

well here's 10 I know of--most started before trump was even sworn in per the former president's direction

FBI, CIA, NSA, Justice dept, house intelligence/senate intelligence/house judiciary/senate judiciary/ and house oversight and Mueller makes 10

"crash thinks that Seth Rich's parents are liars and have been paid off or scared into silence by the Clintons."

seriously you manipulate my post that if I were the parents I'd want to know why he was shot in the back twice during a robbery where nothing was taken and assange pledges 20000 dollar reward and somehow you manipulate that into the above sentence? You'll make a fine journalist someday

Comment

• I'll pledge $200 for definitive proof that Trump colluded with the Russians. There. Better?
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• "Despite the fact that Manafort and Flynn both admit to taking foreign money."

you seem to forget the entirety of washington lives on foreign money. most every congressman senator and definitely the Clintons have been peddling influence for money since the beginning of time. I cant seem to find any foreign PAC donations for trump but the rest of congress and Hillary seem to have lined their pockets with a lot of foreign denaro. the list of foreign contributors to the Clinton foundation donating millions of dollars suddenly evaporated after her election failure

Comment

• Capitalization and punctuation, please.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                  "It is untrue at most there is maybe 6 seperate ivestigations but most of them are relatively new."

well here's 10 I know of--most started before trump was even sworn in per the former president's direction

FBI, CIA, NSA, Justice dept, house intelligence/senate intelligence/house judiciary/senate judiciary/ and house oversight and Mueller makes 10

"crash thinks that Seth Rich's parents are liars and have been paid off or scared into silence by the Clintons."

seriously you manipulate my post that if I were the parents I'd want to know why he was shot in the back twice during a robbery where nothing was taken and assange pledges 20000 dollar reward and somehow you manipulate that into the above sentence? You'll make a fine journalist someday
                  There's literally no other way to take your posts on this subject other than you believe Rich's parents are helping to cover up their son's murder. Well, that or they're roaring clueless idiots I suppose. Which is closer to the truth?

You think the Rich murder is completely suspicious. You also think none of the Russia stuff, even with Flynn setting up secret meetings and secretly taking money from RT, merits an investigation of any kind.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    Capitalization and punctuation, please.
                    You east coast elitist! In Real Amurica, grammar is for pussies.

Comment

• Oh, and ah, Hillary is not President of the United States.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                        Oh, and ah, Hillary is not President of the United States.
                        Why isn't anyone talking about her email server, CGVT? Why all the focus on Trump?? HUH? HOW"S COME?!

YOUR BIASED!

Comment

• Crash. I'm not talking about donations or campaign contributions. It is already illegal for candidates to take money from foreigners for campaign funds.

Both Manafort and flynn were paid directly to promote the interests of foreign countries or individuals. Admittedly so. It's not a both sides thing.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Over the last few days pundits have been mostly critical of Trump's speeches in Riyadh to the Muslim world and in yesterday's announcement to withdraw from the climate accords. Not a lot of in depth analysis in the mainstream media of two very complex circumstances. At home, the focus of the press remains on the Russia inquiries. Are we missing substance?

Read a fact checker on Trump's speech announcing the withdrawal. What I learned is that the accords are complicated. The process at arriving at those climate accords seems to me to be more about the visuals than about substance. A lot of well, maybe we'll do this, maybe we won't, especially in the case of China and India, the world's worst polluters. What is clear to me is that Trump is turning over leadership on the health of global environment to other nations. In that vacuum, other world leaders, most notably France's Macron, have stepped up.

In a Wapo editorial Newt Gingrich compared Trump's challenge to the Muslim world's leaders to eradicate extremism in the ME to a similar challenge that Reagan issued to European leaders in 1982 to embrace freedom and human rights - a direct reference to the evils of Communism and the Soviet Union and, according to Newt, predciting the collapse of that state several years later. There is a clear shift in the US's ME policy embracing the Saudis, arming them in a move to threaten Iran rather than negotiate with them ala the Obama Administration.

These two recent speeches seem to me to represent a significant shift for the US away from the post WWII global environment of cooperation and negotiation, economic interdependence, all thought to foster peace, to one that recognizes the essential elements existing between nations and non-state actors is competitive in nature with each striving to gain advantage. Trump calls this approach more realistic in designing the path forward for the US. I'm not too sure about that nor do I think this sort of policy shift is being articulated and engineered by Trump. Not sure I can identify where it is actually coming from either.
                            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                              As a journalist, I endorse this. It's bad if journalists cannot see through obvious bullshit. Maybe that shit's credible in a world in which Mexico pays for walls and Obamacare is going to be replaced with something better. This particular thread is not that world. Despite talent's relegation to lurker status it's all still pretty fact-based in here.

The next question is what the journos do with the obvious bullshit. I think the WaPo has won some fans in the past week for not parroting the obvious bullshit that the reason Kushner wanted to come over to the Russian embassy was to have a chat about Syria. The NYT reporting that is seen as an attempt to curry favor and gain access to the WH.

Comment

• IMO Paris is just a symbol. Ultimately the market can and will force reality on the politicans and their enabling citizenry.

Also yesterday: shareholders of ExxonMobil voted in favor of a resolution that will force the oil giant to publish reports on how climate change is likely to affect its business. The final vote was 62.3% in favor of the resolution; last year, a similar resolution garnered only 38% of the vote. The success of the vote comes despite the company escalating its efforts to persuade shareholders otherwise in the weeks leading up to its 2017 annual general meeting.
                                (https://qz.com/995303/exxonmobil-xom...-its-business/)

Hopefully we get past this before the US destroys all of its global-stage credibility. The biggest laugh of the Trump speech yesterday was that point where he said ``the rest of the world won't be laughing at us anymore". In reality the laughing has only just begun.

Comment

Working...
                                X