DetroitLionsForum.com
Please support the forum by using this link to shop with our sponsor:

Go Back   DetroitLionsForum.com > Sports Discussion Forums > University of Michigan

Old November 16th, 2015, 07:38 AM   #181
UMStan White

" Late in the 4th I thought I was watching M vs Wisconsin in the RR days."

That's EXACTLY what I thought!
UMStan White is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 16th, 2015, 08:13 AM   #182
WingsFan

Wormly had a terrible game, basically manhandled. IU had countless success running at his side of the line. Still IU last 2 runs on 2nd and 3rd down inside the 5 yard line were stuffed in the second OT -That is why the decision was made for the pass on 4th down.
WingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 16th, 2015, 08:42 AM   #183
Jeff Buchanan

........ and the IU coaching staff will regret that decision for along, long time.

The correct call there would probably have been one of two: Sudfeld under center for a sneak or Howard on the leap. Putting Sudfeld in the shot gun for a pass play was just stupid.

Another idiotic coaching move was not running the clock down on IU's last TD drive in regulation. Granted, if Howard gets outside, which he did, and scores, I suppose that's a plus but just keep stringing the plays out wide, and get tackled inside the side line a couple of times and IU wins in regulation.

I think it was talent who noted during the game that IU just gave you a huge gift after Howard scored with something like 2:05 left.
Old November 16th, 2015, 08:50 AM   #184
iam416

Hey, I did say that!
Old November 16th, 2015, 09:03 AM   #185
Mike

Yep. One more 1st down and IU could have bled the clock.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 16th, 2015, 09:31 AM   #186
Jeff Buchanan

This is kind of fun video to watch.

Two things it shows is how frigging good Rudock was. Where has that been? Despite the shittiness of IU's comically bad defense, his deep throws were really nice.

Also enjoy click stopping the last play. First time I saw it on replay was when I found this video. Sudfeld throws it to the receiver's other shoulder where I think it should have gone, a matter of maybe 9 inches, its a TD.

Football is indeed a game of inches.

Old November 16th, 2015, 12:44 PM   #187
Hannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
........ and the IU coaching staff will regret that decision for along, long time.

The correct call there would probably have been one of two: Sudfeld under center for a sneak or Howard on the leap. Putting Sudfeld in the shot gun for a pass play was just stupid.

Another idiotic coaching move was not running the clock down on IU's last TD drive in regulation. Granted, if Howard gets outside, which he did, and scores, I suppose that's a plus but just keep stringing the plays out wide, and get tackled inside the side line a couple of times and IU wins in regulation.

I think it was talent who noted during the game that IU just gave you a huge gift after Howard scored with something like 2:05 left.
You've got to score when you've got to score. If you get cute and try to run extra clock instead, then you might screw up and not score at all.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote Top