Audible sigh.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
UKBB is offline   Top
Old May 15th, 2017, 12:53 PM   #4902
Frank Van Dusen
100 Miles Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainevent View Post
Yeah, some of those are pretty terrible. That JRM/Tracey Haworth one is probably the worst. So the speedy little LB they just drafted reminds you of the 260+lb pass rushing DE/OLB that they drafted from the same school? Well done O'Hara.
O'Hara needs to hang them up.

God forbid our new TE is another Hands of Sloan. We already have one od those on the team.
Old May 15th, 2017, 01:59 PM   #4903
Panoptes

I think I've stated this here before that my favorite local Lions writer (not necessarily a beat writer) is Paula Paschke (sp?).

Last edited by Panoptes; May 15th, 2017 at 04:25 PM.
Panoptes is offline   Top
Old May 15th, 2017, 02:46 PM   #4904
jaadam4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBB View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Yeah that was a shitty comparison.
Old May 15th, 2017, 04:35 PM   #4905
WingsFan

The Detroit Lions' new uniforms are a hit. Stafford has the fourth-best selling jersey in the NFL since the draft, according to a Dick's Sporting Goods jersey report. Tom Brady has the top selling jersey since the draft,
WingsFan is offline   Top
Old May 16th, 2017, 05:20 AM   #4906
dwt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaadam4 View Post
Yeah that was a shitty comparison.
Well, he is trying to compare them to former Lions.............as far as finding good ones, he has limited resources to work with.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"
dwt1 is offline   Top
Old May 16th, 2017, 06:02 AM   #4907
jaadam4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwt1 View Post
Well, he is trying to compare them to former Lions.............as far as finding good ones, he has limited resources to work with.
Thats a very true statement

Sad but true
Old May 16th, 2017, 07:31 AM   #4908
Futureshock

Why limit it to "former Lions?" Oh, wait... Because these bums don't really keep up with the teams in the league unless they see it on BSPN or they are playing the LIons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoptes View Post
I think I've stated this here before that my favorite local Lions writer (not necessarily a beat writer) is Paula Paschke (sp?).
My CURRENT favorite local Lions writer is Killer and will be Killer until one of these clowns shows a pulse.
Old May 17th, 2017, 12:10 PM   #4909
Futureshock

Proof positive that anyone can have a "blog"

http://detroitlionspodcast.com/sean-...ement-offense/

Quote:
The Lions performed well when they had the ball. They just didn’t have the ball enough.
Lol. This guy mentions several times, "if you watched the game." Uh, IDK what games he watched, but the offense had droughts of 3-&-Outs for 2 to 3 quarters a game. I can only remember one game (Saints) that the offense continued to move the entire game.

Don't misunderstand me, the defense was horrible. I just can't see the Defense making the offense better narrative, outside of by sheer quantity. The offense will be better because of health and improved OL play. But make no mistake, Cooter and Caldwell need to do better at play calling.
Old May 17th, 2017, 02:16 PM   #4910
Panoptes

FML...

Lions have talked to Eric Ebron about a long-term extension

5/17/2017 12:54:07 PM

The Detroit Lions have already picked up Eric Ebron's option for 2018. Now they've opened up talks about a possible long-term extension, Kyle Meinke of Mlive reports.

"Let's just say Bob (Quinn) is my guy, and we talk often, and, you know, we have things in place," Ebron said after offseason conditioning Tuesday at team headquarters. "We've had our own talks, and he's looking for some things from me, and hopefully I can just give him what he's looking for."

Ebron, the 10th overall pick in the 2014 draft, has never quite lived up to the lofty expectations that come with being a top-10 pick -- especially when the guys picked right behind him are named Aaron Donald and Odell Beckham and Taylor Lewan.

Ebron said he believes he's headed for a career year if he can stay healthy in 2017.

"I'll be well beyond anything that I've done yet, if I can just maintain my health," he said.

"If I can stay healthy, I'll prove what I should have proved years ago."

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg
Old May 17th, 2017, 05:00 PM   #4911
dwt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureshock View Post
http://detroitlionspodcast.com/sean-...ement-offense/

Lol. This guy mentions several times, "if you watched the game." Uh, IDK what games he watched, but the offense had droughts of 3-&-Outs for 2 to 3 quarters a game. I can only remember one game (Saints) that the offense continued to move the entire game.

Don't misunderstand me, the defense was horrible. I just can't see the Defense making the offense better narrative, outside of by sheer quantity. The offense will be better because of health and improved OL play. But make no mistake, Cooter and Caldwell need to do better at play calling.
So are you're saying they are calling plays the players can't execute?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"
dwt1 is offline   Top
Old May 17th, 2017, 05:27 PM   #4912
unknown lions fan

Blount went to the Eagles. Didn't even know they were in the hunt.
unknown lions fan is offline   Top
Old May 19th, 2017, 11:52 AM   #4913
Futureshock

Lions rookie Teez Tabor expects to be past hamstring injury by camp

Posted by Josh Alper on May 19, 2017, 12:39 PM EDT

Getty Images
Cornerback Teez Tabor’s final pre-draft workout was with the Lions because he wasn’t able to do any more on-field work after tweaking his hamstring during that session.

The turn of events seemed to work out OK for Detroit as they were able to use the 53rd pick in the draft on Tabor, but it appears they’ll have to wait a bit longer to see Tabor back in full swing. Tabor is still rehabbing the hamstring injury and said Friday, via Tim Twentyman of the team’s website, that he expects to be 100 percent in time for training camp.

The hamstring injury came after a disappointing combine workout for Tabor. He didn’t run well in the 40-yard dash and his numbers in other workouts weren’t where many expected them to be, but he said Friday that “we will revisit this topic” down the road.

Presumably that’s because Tabor doesn’t think those drills are more meaningful than his play at Florida, something the Lions clearly agreed with when it came to make their call on the cornerback.
Old May 19th, 2017, 01:28 PM   #4914
Lionsfan123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureshock View Post
Lions rookie Teez Tabor expects to be past hamstring injury by camp

Posted by Josh Alper on May 19, 2017, 12:39 PM EDT

Getty Images
Cornerback Teez Tabor’s final pre-draft workout was with the Lions because he wasn’t able to do any more on-field work after tweaking his hamstring during that session.

The turn of events seemed to work out OK for Detroit as they were able to use the 53rd pick in the draft on Tabor, but it appears they’ll have to wait a bit longer to see Tabor back in full swing. Tabor is still rehabbing the hamstring injury and said Friday, via Tim Twentyman of the team’s website, that he expects to be 100 percent in time for training camp.

The hamstring injury came after a disappointing combine workout for Tabor. He didn’t run well in the 40-yard dash and his numbers in other workouts weren’t where many expected them to be, but he said Friday that “we will revisit this topic” down the road.

Presumably that’s because Tabor doesn’t think those drills are more meaningful than his play at Florida, something the Lions clearly agreed with when it came to make their call on the cornerback.
Interesting. So this kid may be a bit faster than we thought.
Lionsfan123 is offline   Top
Old May 19th, 2017, 03:43 PM   #4915
dpatnod

Reports were pretty consistent all the way back to high school on his times. But Quinn has stated 4.2 or 4.9 means little, he thinks reaction and instincts is much more important.
Old May 19th, 2017, 04:17 PM   #4916
maxw3ll

Will seem pretty important if he gets routinely beat deep or is unable to catch faster receivers from behind. You could argue that more speed gives the corner more time to read plays and react...

Ill take a better player in pads over a pure track athlete, but I am hoping he can run an average 40 when the hammy heals. Unless he had always been slow.

TEEZ NUTZ!
Old May 19th, 2017, 04:17 PM   #4917
maxw3ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatnod View Post
Reports were pretty consistent all the way back to high school on his times. But Quinn has stated 4.2 or 4.9 means little, he thinks reaction and instincts is much more important.
Consistently slow. Damn.
Old May 19th, 2017, 04:26 PM   #4918
jaadam4

Joe Haden and Josh Norman are roughly the same speed so not all top flight CBs are speedsters. His game footage looks absolutely amazing but with all the nice CBs and S available at the pick I damn sure hope Quinn was right on this one.
Old May 19th, 2017, 04:47 PM   #4919
Cody_Russell

Future Lions favorite, if not already:

Old May 19th, 2017, 05:17 PM   #4920
dpatnod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaadam4 View Post
Joe Haden and Josh Norman are roughly the same speed so not all top flight CBs are speedsters. His game footage looks absolutely amazing but with all the nice CBs and S available at the pick I damn sure hope Quinn was right on this one.
I believe I read Sherman was in that category too.