DetroitLionsForum.com
Want to assist with forum hosting and upgrade costs?  Click here to make a PayPal donation:
Please support the forum by using this link to shop with our sponsor:

Go Back   DetroitLionsForum.com > Sports Discussion Forums > University of Michigan

Old September 27th, 2016, 01:44 PM   #221
Hannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsFan View Post
Was that a positive post from Hanni?
To the degree to which it is warranted. As always.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 28th, 2016, 08:20 AM   #222
jaadam4

If I was Penn State i'd take a long look at Les Miles while he's there. Franklin sucks. That debacle with kicking the FG was a pure disgrace.
jaadam4 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 28th, 2016, 08:21 AM   #223
jaadam4

very Marty Morningweg'ish
jaadam4 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 28th, 2016, 08:25 AM   #224
Hannibal

Les Miles would be, at best, a custodian who wouldn't be a disaster. But chances are, Penn State would string together a bunch of 8-4 seasons under Miles, which the occasional outlier in either direction.
Old September 28th, 2016, 08:33 AM   #225
iam416

They could always get Schiano. This time I bet he'd say yes! Heh. Well, maybe. I think he may ultimately want back in the NFL as a DC.

They're a little up against it with USC and LSU both in need of new HCs -- I assume it's only a matter of time for Helton.

When I think the of the "hot commodity" type coaches, none of them seem like a fit for PSU. I guess that could wait it out and monitor Durkin and Ash. One of them will probably do well enough to merit some sort of upgrade. Personally, I really like Ash, but he's also stuck rebuilding an absolute tire fire and he's doing it in a division with behemoths. If he (or Durkin) can produce 7-5/8-4 with some consistency, that would be a small miracle. I think Maryland is a little bit closer, but not much.
Old September 28th, 2016, 08:39 AM   #226
Hannibal

I would think that Dan Mullen would jump at the job too. It would be a good hire, I think, and he has followed up his "hot commodity" years with some good solid ones.
Old September 28th, 2016, 08:47 AM   #227
iam416

Yeah, that's right. Mullen, I think, is good. To even have Mississippi State hold its own in the West is pretty amazing. And Penn State is a definite upgrade from Starkvegas. And, hell, UFM thought enough of him to take him along to 3 separate schools.

I'd hate to see Penn State running a competent offense. I'm too use to their thoroughly slapstick routine.

Last edited by iam416; September 28th, 2016 at 08:51 AM.
iam416 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 28th, 2016, 09:10 AM   #228
AlabamAlum
2018 Forum Upgrade Donor

Starkville is a septic tank. The thought that he can get kids to enroll after they see that dump is shocking. It's where dreams go to die.

"Todd's Taste of the Town" has to choose the Waffle House when they visit. The one strip mall they have has the doors propped open by cinder blocks and the big anchor "store" is the coin-operated laundromat.
Old September 28th, 2016, 10:19 AM   #229
froot loops

Less Miles would be a great get for Penn State, Penn State is going to have a lot of issues going forward.
froot loops is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 28th, 2016, 10:23 AM   #230
AlabamAlum
2018 Forum Upgrade Donor

Les is a great guy. He needs a good OC and he needs to get out of his way and stop telling him to do up the gut runs against a stacked box.

A competent QB would be nice, too.
Old October 4th, 2016, 09:33 AM   #231
Jeff Buchanan

Adam Schnepp is doing some really good work. He's done a couple of these one on ones where a player goes through a play. This one is on the 3rd down throw to Darboh that picked up the first down and set up the TD play.

First it is neat to have Speight talk about the slant play to Darboh in very revealing detail. Second, it reveals how a Harbaugh/Fishe coached QB goes though his progressions. JH was asked about this in his presser. His response was typical coach speak. Speight's response is really detailed. Enjoy.

http://mgoblog.com/
Old October 5th, 2016, 08:47 PM   #232
Pasadena Blue

I think Talent is correct. If O-state shuts down M like they have every other team, PSU will probably go after Schiano. Makes sense and is a good fit. Schiano was a massive fail (much like Chip Kelly, Spurrier, and Saban) in the NFL, but is a good college coach.
Pasadena Blue is offline   Reply With Quote Top