OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

I can't believe they're still getting $4,000 for the Segway. That thing has been on the market for several years now - I thought the $4K price tag was an early-adopter price, but apparently not.

They had a vision of these things all over the place, thousands of people riding them on the sidewalks of every town. But in order for that to happen, they'd have to be a $1000 or so unit in my opinion.

The only sales of them of any real significance are to corporations.
    The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

"This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

well, were not selling them to KIM JUNG WHATEVER anymore.

Comment

Also anyone got a Creative Zen Vision:M. I am looking into getting my wife one for X-mas. The reveiws seem pretty good.

Comment

RE: Segway

Many police stations use them for community visibility. I personally have yet to see one in person.
          Last edited by Panoptes; November 29, 2006, 04:29 PM.
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Originally posted by GONZ View Post
            RE: Segway

Many police stations use them for community visibility. I personally have yet to see on in person.
            SHAQ uses one to cruise around his 64,000 square foot shanty.

Comment

shanty......lol
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

The airport cops use them at Reagan National Airport in DC. I've seen them.
                ------------
                <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

The segway is a great idea. It's drive system is really revolutionary.

A walking gait is really a series of aborted falls. You lean forward and then move your feet to keep from falling over. The segway operates from the same principle. It's motors are designed not to go forward or back, but instead to keep you from falling. When you lean forward, the wheels go forward in an attempt to keep the center of gravity over the wheels.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Originally posted by Jdoggie View Post
                    Also anyone got a Creative Zen Vision:M. I am looking into getting my wife one for X-mas. The reveiws seem pretty good.
                    had one, not quite an IPod - bottom line, go for the IPod.

Comment

I don't know about the Zen - I believe it plays MP3s, but I wouldn't touch one of those IPods and their proprietary format with at ten foot pole. F that.
                      The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                        had one, not quite an IPod - bottom line, go for the IPod.
                        Don't like IPOD. Don't want to buy music from there stories or have a player that scrathes like shit.

Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
                        I don't know about the Zen - I believe it plays MP3s, but I wouldn't touch one of those IPods and their proprietary format with at ten foot pole. F that.
                        Yup. Creative plays all sorts of media including mp3s, wmaa, wav, etc...and many different video formats as well. Also heard it had a better screen the Ipod for video.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
                          Originally posted by Jdoggie View Post
                          Don't like IPOD. Don't want to buy music from there stories or have a player that scrathes like shit.
                          I have never heard this. I was going to get my 17 year old daughter one for X-Mas. Please clarify. IPOD = no ripped MP3's?
                          Apathetic No More.

Comment

you can rip cd's and put them on an iPod. You do have to use iTunes to manage your music though.
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

My Dad asked for an iPod for Christmas. His plan? Put his music on it then connect the iPod to his stereo. Um...Dad? Meet the CD!

I instead got him a Sirius radio with all the fixings. He'll be retiring up north this year and this is perfect for him, especially with their NBA and NFL coverage.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                              X