No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you're a winner people will want to play for you. When you aren't they won't. The Knicks and lakers can't attract flies in free agency.

Comment

• That's true. Nobody wanted to go to Golden State 5 years ago. Then they draft the Splash Brothers and get a hidden gem in the 2nd round in Draymond and become an elite team. Now even the ghost of Jesus Shuttlesworth wants to come back and play with them.
      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
        Detroit should give up on all sports I guess... somebody should have told Andre.
        Someone they drafted and held the Bird Rights to, and was a Restricted Free Agent that the Pistons could match any other potential offer.

That's a LITTLE different story than appealing to a Kevin Durant type player to choose to come to Detroit over any other number of equally viable cities that can pay him just as much money, and you know it. Stop being intentionally obtuse.

Detroit has NEVER been a particularly big FA draw unless the respective team has had the ability to offer significantly more money. Look at the Red Wings nowadays. Sure, when they could give players a blank check, players were lining up out the door.

Now? Players look and say, "Ehhh... I'd rather play for... well... anyone else actually."

Comment

• Detroit has never been a contender with cap room ever. The idea that players would pass on them when history has proven otherwise over and over again is simply a false narrative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
            Detroit has never been a contender with cap room ever. The idea that players would pass on them when history has proven otherwise over and over again is simply a false narrative.
            Sure they have. The Pistons were a solid contender for years from 2004-2009 or so. The best player they garnered in open Free Agency was Antonio McDyess. Every other player on that team had been part of a trade or drafted.

I mean, I'm sorry you hate it, but the simple truth is elite players with a real option to go to Detroit or anywhere else for roughly the same amount of money are nigh unilaterally going to choose anywhere else.

Comment

• The best player they got was McDyess because the only money they had to spend was the mid level. They actually paid the luxury tax in 2004. But don't let me ruin your narrative...

The Pistons were capped out from 2004-2009. The never once had the opportunity to recruit a superstar free agent during their contender run.

The simple truth is you really don't know what you're talking about.
              Last edited by Kstat; July 7, 2016, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Kstat is correct, they never had any type of cap space whenough they were contenders. By the time 2004 came they were going to be capped out whether they got Rasheed or not. Getting Rasheed ensured it, but they would have been at the ceiling with a re-signed Okur. They only had the mid level and lower level to play with until the Ben Gordon signings.

McDyess could have signed elsewhere for more money but he chose the Pistons for the mid level.

Comment

• NBA players love Cleveland.
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• BOBAN
                    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                      BOBAN
                      He is s going to be fun to watch. I'm curious about Stan's plans for so many bigs. I think he saw how effective OKC was with multiple bigs against GS.

Comment

• Boban Marjanovic

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSEt94S73ZY"]Boban Marjanovic All 105 Field Goals Full Highlights (2015-16 Season Bucketilation) - YouTube[/ame]
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Boban? Wasn't that Frotos uncle from LoTR and that other shitty movie?
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Damn the Pistons are going to be a big team. Luckily Boban didn't get the memo that professional athletes hate Detroit.
                            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I was reading that we're pretty much going to be right up against the cap for the next few years with the exception of a mid level. My guess any improvements will have to come through trades
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• They have a lot of moveable contracts, not to mention all our first rounders. So ya, there's potential for a trade down the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X