Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea I like the Ernie Sims comparison more and more as I see new tape.

Beast
    [ame]http://youtu.be/rxUHDkxsupc[/ame]
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      Sweet. But I also think it is interesting that such a big deal was made over a short guy ranked top 200ish. Easy to trust the coaches on it tho.
      Zach Thomas played pretty much his entire 13 year NFL career at 5' 11".

"Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Anthony Carter was five foot eight and might have weighed about 160 pounds
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Great. Lets have all ILBS be 5-11 from now on. All WRS should be 5-8.

Comment

• Bush was measured at 5' 9" at The Opening.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• There's all kinds of examples of good short-ass LBers. It's like the 3 star argument..millions of examples of successful ones, but you'd rather have the 4 star. It's not ideal height, but he makes it work and will be a good one.

Comment

• Of course. And of course there are far more for whom their height IS a drawback, and there's a good reason that for many positions there's an ideal set of physical measurables.

In Bush's case it appears there is widespread agreement that he will transcend them, and it appears that size is the sole reason for his being ranked pretty low. Sounds like a good case for ignoring the recruiting rankings. But, just generally, is notable. Most kids aren't going to be the exception to the rule.

Comment

• I love Bush's speed. Keep in mind, he was doing work in Florida. This should help with M's defense vs the option.
                  Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• FSU, Alabama & Florida offered Bush Jr., maybe they were going to insist he wear lifts in his cleats?
                    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Is a great get, no doubt. Greater still given he's at the position of greatest need and will be an early enrollee. Confluence of advantageous factors, because who the heck else starts next to Gedeon? He's got as good a shot as any. Bulk him up as much as possible and live with the early mistakes. The first half of the schedule is really ridiculously easy next year. No OOC challenges, overall first five games at home. That's very well suited to letting a talented and relatively smart type of freshman play through mistakes.

Comment

• Walker announces tomorrow.

Comment

• re: LB's

In a 3-4, M gains a couple LB's from their defensive ends. Lawrence Marshall is certainly a standing OLB in a 3-4 (and a good one) as-is probably Reuben Jones and possibly Shelton Johnson.

Only Ben Gedeon, Mike McCray, Allen Gant, Jared Wangler & Noah Forbush return as LB's. Is Chase Winovich a TE or LB? Carlo Kemp would be a LB in a 3-4... M brings in Bush Jr. along with Dytarious Johnson and probably at least one more LB...

LB depth chart even if we move to a 3-4, I'm not concerned about numbers. I'm more concerned about the quality and experience of the above.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                            Is a great get, no doubt. Greater still given he's at the position of greatest need and will be an early enrollee. Confluence of advantageous factors, because who the heck else starts next to Gedeon? He's got as good a shot as any. Bulk him up as much as possible and live with the early mistakes. The first half of the schedule is really ridiculously easy next year. No OOC challenges, overall first five games at home. That's very well suited to letting a talented and relatively smart type of freshman play through mistakes.
                            He'll have probably the best defensive tackles the conference keeping him clean. Or at least that's what I expect.

Comment

• I think at this point really and truly what we're talking about is the inside guys. On the edges we're not exactly brimming with talent either, but there are those guys who are next up in the pipeline. (Does Charlton lose out if they go 3-4?) But inside there are two LB spots, three departed rotation players and one remaining rotation player. That's the big hole.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                                He'll have probably the best defensive tackles the conference keeping him clean. Or at least that's what I expect.
                                Yeah. The DL could be absolutely frightening next year. Very deep rotation of very high-quality players.

Comment

Working...
                                X