Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M needs more than just Derrick Green at running back, they need depth behind him too. Smith is needed too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      Mallett. Henne before that.

For what it's worth, Denard was a 5* athlete to ESPN IIRC, and Gardner was a 5* on Scout.
      Henne was a 5*?!?!?! Come on man!!

I totally forgot about Mallett. Oh how things would've been different had we not sold our souls to hire that POS Matt Millen..... errr RichRod.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Are you serious on Henne? He was a 4 year starter. !?!?! Set freshman records and took Michigan to a Rose Bowl as a TRUE freshman. Lemme guess, he sucked to you!?!

Comment

• Henne was only successful because he got to throw to Braylong Edwards, Jason Avant, Mario Manningham, Steve Breaston, Greg Mathews & Adrian Arrington. j/k

Comment

• again pointing out our desperate need at WR

Comment

• Henne was an overrated QB. He regressed during his sophomore year, rebounded for a great junior year, but then regressed again during his senior year. In addition to the shitty defense, he was instrumental in the Appalachian State disaster. For his career, he averaged a meh 7 yards per pass attempt. To give you some perspective, Denard averaged 8.4 ypa, albeit with lots of interceptions, but also with vastly inferior sets of receivers. Todd Collins averaged 8.2 ypa, and Grbac averaged 7.7 ypa.
              Last edited by Hannibal; January 11, 2013, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Sam Webb article on Derrick Green:

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Henne was an overrated QB.
                  To be fair, he was injured toward the end of both his junior and senior years. At the end of his senior year, his shoulder wouldn't stay in the socket. The guy played on guts alone. He wasn't the best QB in Michigan history, but he was probably one of the toughest.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I would've liked to seen a healthy Wolverine team in '07; Hart missed most of App St. (I think he goes for 250+ against them), everything that could go wrong did against Oregon. Against Oregon, M had no issues moving the ball they just couldn't get scores or drives stalled in the red zone... The defense just turned every third play in a big play by taking a bad angle, missed tackle or letting a receiver get behind them...

Then M won 8 in a row but was missing a lot of starters in the last couple games going into Wisky & Ohio. Healthy, they beat App St, Wisky and play a coin flip vs Ohio.

Comment

• ....... Agree with that, WM.

As well, Michigan with the Henne et. al. roster, played one of the best games I've seen an M team play against UF in the Cap One Bowl. Henne's arm looked pretty good in that one. It's a blow out if Hart doesn't lose 2 totally uncharacteristic fumbles.
                      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• To be fair, Henne's biggest problem was not injury, but his shitty offensive coordinator, who got about as little out of Manningham, Arrington, and Henne as was possible.

Comment

• To say Henne was overatted is dumb. Tore it up as fresh, 05 they underachieved but Hart hurt all year and lots of ing. 06 I think you know Michigan tore it up. 07 injury plaged team again. Henne not healthy the last two games.

Comment

• I know I am a pain in the ass. But what has happened to the site Tremendous Recruiting? All I am able to get is up to January 6. Have they gone to a pay format?

Comment

• Tremendous went to 247 sports. Touch the banner and mgoblog is all that is left thatv is free... Neither have much if any inside info.

Comment

• I hear Samuelson has committed to M?

Also DG to announce on 1/26/13 with so far at least.... no additional officials announced.

Comment

Working...
                                X