Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But this isn't about me or you -- it's about the thread, which everyone is pleasantly surprised about. We all clearly value its presence here, and it would be good if you weren't a challenge to that.
    Noted.

Since I am a challenge to the civility of the Miscellaneous (political) discussion, I will permanently excuse myself from political discussions there. I reserve the right to comment on other topics as I see fit.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Admin Change:

Rob F has been removed as a Mod, because he is no longer posting. Should he return, he will be added back.

Meanwhile, I have added Hannibal to the Mod list. Hanni has been around since the old Freep days, and he deserves to be a part of the forum leadership.

Other changes may be in the offing over the next few weeks.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure I need to be a mod.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Was thinking banned.

Comment

• Mods?

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Linesey -- did Rob say why he left?

Not many of us left from the old Freep days now. We could use a few new regular posters.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                Was thinking banned.
                Pretty sure that's a personal attack.

(POST NUMBER 1,000!!1)
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  Linesey -- did Rob say why he left?

Not many of us left from the old Freep days now. We could use a few new regular posters.
                  I talked to Rob a couple of seasons ago, trying to get him to visit Doug's tailgate. He's pretty busy with family stuff, and has lost some interest in that intellectual oasis known as the in-ter-net. He gave up his season tickets a while back and being a west sider (of the state), he doesn't come this way regularly. I still have his cellphone number so I'll ring him up and see how life is treating him.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• How many originals are there? You, me, Liney, Jeff, JRB, wiz and talent <shudder>, ???
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I was in the freep forum when I was in college, but didn't post much and don't even remember what my handle was.

Comment

• That was so long ago, I posted under my real name without any worry about e-idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                          How many originals are there? You, me, Liney, Jeff, JRB, wiz and talent <shudder>, ???
                          From the old Freep site still here today:

Me, Ghengis Jon, Hannibal, Jeff, Doc Hodgeman, JRB and Oracle.. under a name he doesn't remember.

Packfan claimed to be a Wisconsin fan years ago, but he has since shown Michigan fan tendencies. Big debate was .. Packfan = Charles Hardway??

Wiz and Entropy are originals and are Husker fans.

I thought we picked up Mr Talent esq and Strangelove over at the World Crossing site. I may be wrong.

I started posting at the Freep site during the football season in 1995. 21 freaking years. I remember Chuck Hardway got mad at me for teasing him and wanted me to meet him at the Water Tower in Ypsilanti so he could kick my ass. I told him if I wasn't there in 30 minutes, he could start without me. It made him so mad ... he later erased the posts and apologized.

21 years... I need to get a life ... :-P
                          Last edited by lineygoblue; August 16, 2016, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• I forgot about Ent, who graced us with his presence for a spring game. And how could I forget my hero, Doc H? Gawd, old age must be setting in. Speaking of old, when did Stan join us? Seems like I've known Stan forever.

Comment

• I was a member in 2006. Stormed off in anger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                                I forgot about Ent, who graced us with his presence for a spring game. And how could I forget my hero, Doc H? Gawd, old age must be setting in. Speaking of old, when did Stan join us? Seems like I've known Stan forever.
                                I'm not sure when we picked up Stan. He could have been at the old Freep site. It seems like he's been with us for a long time.

I remember Entropy coming to that spring game, and that's where we all got to meet Paul S for the first time. We all surrounded him and told him we were going to assimilate him into the "M-Borg". That little turd was so excited about coming to meet us, he got a speeding ticket in northern Ohio, on the way to the game. I still say we had him leaning to come away from the dark side and join the Borg. If it wouldn't have been for Tressell ...

Comment

Working...
                                X