Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the treats in life is watching the OSU program emphasize the Undisputed after they won a tournament. Not one person was disputing it, in '97 fans were disputing Nebraska's national championship. But not this year. Nonetheless the emphasis on Undisputed is some good heeling. It ranks up there with, "Ladies and gentlemen my name is Paul Heyman. " Meyer missed his calling as a wrestling manager, he may be a failure as a developer of quarterbacks but he would be a success at getting a heel heat.
    I prefer Jim Cornette, but yeah, UFM is trolling the world and winning. It's fantastic.

Unfortunately, the QB situation is a disaster at Ohio State thanks to UFM's inability to develop QBs. So, it seems unlikely that Ohio State will defend it's UNDISPUTED Title. Heh.
    Last edited by iam416; March 25, 2015, 08:41 AM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I have no idea about any of that, but I'm sticking with was. Talent if I were you I'd insist on is too, but you'll be wrong about that soon enough. And of course when we own you it's going to be all that much sweeter because we'll do it clean. You'll never know that extra bit of bonus joy.

Comment

• Presently, it's 3 in a row, 10 out of 11, 12 out of 14. And Ohio State is the UNDISPUTED Champ. Presently. You're suggesting future and hence "Will" which says nothing about the present. I shouldn't have to lecture a "Michigan Man" on past, present and future tenses.

But, let's talk future. Since you seem to think OSU won't make it 4 in a row, 11 out of 12 and 13 out of 15 -- how bad do you think M beats Ohio State this November, hack? With OSU's disastrous QB situation and UFM's inability to develop QBs, do you figure M wins by 14 if Ruddock doesn't come and by 28 if he does? AtG-WG-NMI.
        Last edited by iam416; March 25, 2015, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Cornette was good, Heyman is better. But he was really good with the Midnight Express.

Comment

• Well I agree you're teetering on the brink, but I'm OK with not beating the spread this year. I've seen in recent history that just because on paper the right coach gets hired and it seems like you've finally ditched the old problems, it's not always that way. Then again this on-paper hire is better than the rest of them. So, we'll see. But hey -- if Harbaugh can't restore some balance I don't know who can, so I might as well talk just a little bit.

Comment

• Good mindset, hack. Nothing wrong with it. However, what sort of heel would I be if I let chirping go unchecked?

Comment

• Not my concern. I just know that this isn't like when Dumars hired Frank instead of Woodson but still saddled him with a shit roster, or when I got seduced by Hoke's first year. This is a real coaching-hire transformation. We're gonna beat you in November and we're gonna beat you going forward. Your free pass is expired, and it's going to suck bad for you when you cheat and lose to a clean Michigan.

Comment

• NFL Machine Inc. Is going to crush these Kiddie Table ass clown OSU coaches.

Just looked at the 2015 staff not a single coach with NFL playing or coaching experience less one. Oghobassee, signed as a free agent with Miami Dolphins, never played. Spent the next season with the Washington Redskins on their practice squad LOL.

That is it!

COACH. NFL Player/Coaching Experience

Meyer. -ZERO
                  Warinner. -ZERO
                  Beck. -ZERO
                  Alford. -ZERO
                  Hinton. -ZERO
                  Smith. -ZERO
                  Fickell. -ZERO
                  Coombs. -ZERO
                  Temple. -ZERO
                  Oghobassee. - Free Agent/Practice Squad

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Those who can, do; those who can't, teach. In he case of Ohio, those that have never played or coached professionally, end up as deadbeat coaches at OSU.

LOL
                  Last edited by Prime2; March 25, 2015, 12:50 PM.
                  "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• We're gonna beat you in November and we're gonna beat you going forward.
                    If you say so. Until then....3 in row. 10 of 11. 12 of 14. UNDISPUTED. And so forth.

Comment

• Yeah but all that's gonna be vacated soon enough. Everybody knows and nobody is fooled. In games that will actually count going forward you suck and have a terrible record, because you haven't proved you can beat us cleanly.

Comment

• If you say so...

Comment

• While I'm waiting for M to end it's long-term role as Ohio State's bitch, UFM is in the process of putting together a sick good 2016 recruiting class. And it doesn't look like 2017 will be any worse. Of course, who can blame kids for wanted to play for UFM and this:

Comment

• In case anyone is jonesing for CFB, here's a nice 30-minute version of the most recent CFB game played:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_rxv53l6pU"]2015 National Championship in 30 minutes - Ohio State vs. Oregon - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Recruit: "Coach Meyers, youse can sees from da film, I'm a mofo playa heading for da Bigs! What y'all know 'bout gettin' me to da NFL?"

Meyer: "Well son, just like millions of other Americans I do enjoy watching the NFL on Sundays from my living room. Apparently my staff does as well."
                              Last edited by Prime2; March 25, 2015, 01:00 PM.
                              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• A nice prediction of the future and certain Buckeye demise from 2012....heh heh...

It was a good day for you. Not gonna have many in the future if today was a close win for you. I will admit, I'd been legitimately somewhat intimidated by Meyer at OSU. You've been right to quote OP's ``If this Tressell biz means they get Meyer...'' post all this time.

This Michigan fan's reaction after today: That's all you got? If so, I can't wait until the talent gap closes once again and Michigan is no longer stuck with players it doesn't think are a good fit. If Hoke actually does the smart thing and finds himself a good OC, Michigan has a very good shot at owning the rest of this decade. Even if he's an idiot and keeps Borges, Michigan is still going to win quite a few against this era of Ohio football.
                                And, of course, if anyone forgets OP's insightful prediction from 2011:

If Tressel's departure only serves to open the door for Urban Meyer, I will be totally pissed. Fickell must have moderate "Rich Rod" success as the new HC in order to tie OSU's hands for 3 years or so...... If in the end if it only meant trading Tressel for Meyer (best coach in the game) the Big Ten is gonna take a beating!

Comment

Working...
                                X