Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
    They loved him because he was a blubbering fool and he made conservatism look bad.
    While he's on the list, he's pretty far down.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Well, I mean, he's a millenial software engineer so the the presumption is near fucking irrebuttable that he's an annoying douche. That said, the coverage of the "memo" as some sort of "sexist screed" was, IMO, an open lie.

However, there is a bizarre presumption that men and women are identical and in a perfectly free society devoid of sexism all jobs would be 50/50. That is, of course, fucking preposterous on so many levels. But, it's the sacred cow and if you challenge it, well, look out. Because if it isn't true then the disparate impact bullshit is, well, bullshit.

Anyway, I encourage Google to get to 50/50. I'll be doing my best to get Star Trek viewership up to 50/50 (from 99.9/0.1) with a vigorous social media campaign.
      I will just say what he is talking about has not been my experience in the tech, but again I've never worked at Google. The guy makes it seem like coding or scripting is some mystical science that men are more equipped to handle. At the basic level, tech jobs are all RTFM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
        Let your daughter read it and explain it to you.
        You are asshole. POS.

Comment

• Yeah, I sort of read it as software programming is something that attracts more men than women because of biological preferences. Working alone in a cubical vs. working with teams and so forth. It's sort of born out, e.g., in self-selection in various medical professions (guess which gender is far more likely to be pediatrician and which a radiologist).

But the problem is you can't have a conversation on this topic in any meaningful forum because you can't actually argue anything other than ALL THE SAME!!!!
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Admittedly...the invention of the male Romper has blurred gender lines.

Abercrombie and Fitch is anarchy's agent.

Comment

Yeah, I sort of read it as software programming is something that attracts more men than women because of biological preferences. Working alone in a cubical vs. working with teams and so forth.
              That's the part I don't get and haven't experienced, in almost every scenario that I've encountered you are always working with a team. It's highly rare to be working alone on something. It's like the number 1 thing to consider whe switching jobs, how good is this team I'm going to. But it may be totally different for his specific job as a software engineer. But for majority of those people working at that Mountain View campus, I guarantee are working collaboratively.

Comment

• I think the best way to tie this one off is with a hearty: fuck you, millenial code monkeys!

Now, if we can just get rid of the rampant sexism that makes my trash collector folks nearly all male!
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

This is, perhaps, the only thread on the entire interwebs that could use more posts from "The"_Wizard_. It is also like every other thread on the interwebs in that it could use less posts from "Wild" Hoss.
                  Indeed. Shockingly lucid post from "The" Talent...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• //'STFU'<execute>

Comment

• # (|) <execute>
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I hope it’s clear that I’m not saying that diversity is bad. I realize the value of having humans on our team at Google and in society at large. But we should not be manufacturing (computed: pun) diversity as we are right now.

Comment

• shaddup and accept freaks for who they are...like DSL for example...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Couches on fire on the Michigan State campus. I watched Saban drop F-Bombs at the Clemson game near the North Endzone Gate. All those moments will be lost, in time, like bad officiating that stole the win from M. Time to die.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• shaddup
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X