Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder that in this system the 4 is not a big. The 3 and 4 spots are interchangeable save for that Beilein likes a lefty at 4 to play that side of the floor. Ultimately the 2, 3 and 4 spots are interchangeable save for the 2 spot usually goes to the guy with better ball skills and more time in the system, so he can be a second creator off the dribble and pick-and-roll.

As for bigs, at the 5 spot, I may or may not have mentioned before about the idea of going after bigs who can actually add something beyond Jordan Morgan-level mediocrity, and maybe even get some rebounds, but just in case I haven't, well, C is the ONLY need on this team until 2017. The pipeline is now stocked on the wings and maybe it's frustrating to be close/no cigar with Browns and Battles and Langfords but Michigan is still going to have exceptionally good offense from the perimeter and a serious battle for minutes. We'll send two wings to the NBA next spring, both of them probably as lottery picks, and still have some very good players ready to take over.

Bummer about Winston if that's his deal, but so be it. It's good news, actually, that Michigan is in a position to sit a top-50 recruit. It means the cupboard is stocked. If Winston doesn't want to make his way in that system that's fine. He's small and possibly a problem on defense anyways.

But, in the end, you're right -- you take any elite talent regardless of position. Which is what gets said about the wings whilst the C position is pretty bare. If Beilein doesn't have Doyle ready to play next year he's going to waste a beautiful perimeter machine.
    Last edited by hack; June 22, 2015, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• It's being reported that Langford went spartie.

Comment

• Jesus Christ. Respect due to Izzo. Had less talent than Beilein did this year, and look how it played out. I'd give a whole bunch of pennies to know what Lavall Jordan thinks about centers and rebounding and defense.

Comment

• Would've liked to seen that recruitment play out without Battle screwing things up.

Comment

• Well Cuse didn't get Battle to commit while he was there. Twitter says he'll talk to Michigan before he makes a decision. So who the fuck knows?

Comment

• fuck him. He had his chance. Tell him the offer is off the table. He can spend his 5 months at another school that will put up with him.

Comment

• If we have someone better to use the scholarship on, then sure, but Beilein isn't exactly going to go out and do that. If we don't, then he's welcome. He's a kid. And there's significant vibe out there that he likes Michigan and is being pushed by his dad to shop around. So no point in assuming the kid is a prima donna or a problem.

Comment

• Does anybody know exactly what transpired that led him to basically decommit overnight? I mean jeezus, the guy basically just committed...and now he's decommitted already? The fuck?
                  AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• His dad says wants to play closer to home (New Jersey).

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                      His dad says wants to play closer to home (New Jersey).
                      But I mean did he/they not think about that before he actually committed to the University of Michigan? Why even commit then? I mean shit, the guy just committed like literally weeks ago. Maybe K-Stat is right...if the dude is this fucking wishy washy, it's probably for the best. I get that it's a life altering decision and one will naturally have second thoughts...but to commit literally weeks ago and then already change his mind... I just have to LOL at that shit.

By the way man I'm so fed up with this whole commit and decommit garbage. What does a commit even mean anymore? So many recruit's word these days means absolutely nothing...I don't even see what the point is of reporting it anymore. You may as well wait until the damn kid is enrolled and in uniform, otherwise they're basically just saying, "this kid may or may not be going to the university, but it's possible he will be...or won't if he changes his mind".
                      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• His parents wanted him to wait initially too. Tyus committed because that's what he wanted. This has parent power written all over it.

Comment

• Maybe Dad wants to get paid. A year too late at Cuse. Well now UConn? He's got one official left. Hopefully they take it fast and the kid puts his foot down. It would be great to have him. But, again, the arrival of a five-star wing is a marginal improvement. The arrival of a five-star big would be transformational. I'm not gonna adjust my expectations up or down by a huge amount either way.

Comment

• A five star big would be better than a five star wing, but a five star wing is a huge get. This kid can play. He immediately becomes your best player. Yes, better than LeVert.

Comment

• Well, they'd never play together, so that's a pretty silly comparison.

Comment

• He would be coming in at precisely the right time, to fill one of those spots LeVert and Irvin are going to vacate. No doubt about it. No news from either Battle or Cumberland, so let's see what's what in the next few days.

Comment

Working...
                                X