Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
    I doubt that either Quinn or Patricia would go for that.
    Ya they would definitely want him on PEDs.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Ex-NFL LB Khaseem Greene sues police, prosecutors over 2017 gun charge
      Posted by Josh Alper on May 10, 2018, 7:05 AM EDT

Linebacker Khaseem Greene was released by the Chiefs last May after he was indicted on a gun charge in Elizabeth, New Jersey that wound up being dropped in August.

At the time, Greene’s attorney said police and prosecutors “worked in concert to repeatedly perpetrate at least two lies” in order to arrest and indict Greene after a shooting in December 2016 and now those allegations are part of a lawsuit filed in United States District Court. The suit, which was obtained by CourthouseNews.com, calls Greene’s arrest and indictment “one of the most chilling episodes of police and prosecutorial misconduct in modern New Jersey history.”

Greene says authorities knew the shooter admitted he lied about getting a gun from Greene and that they falsely told a judge Greene was seen handing over a gun on surveillance video. The suit claims defamation, malicious prosecution and other civil rights violations and asks for damages, remedial training for police officers in Elizabeth and the installation of an independent monitor to oversee the department.

Greene last saw regular season action with the Bears in 2014 and spent time with the Bucs and Lions before signing with the Chiefs.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Cliff Avril Has Interest From A “Few” Teams
        May 9th, 2018 at 9:26pm CST by Dallas Robinson

Cliff Avril has signed on to become a radio host on Sports Radio KJR beginning in July, but that doesn’t mean the veteran defensive end has officially retired after being released by the Seahawks last week. While admitting that he’ll have to wait for medical clearance after suffering a potentially-career ending neck injury in 2017, Avril told SiriusXM NFL Radio that “a few” clubs have expressed interest in his availability.

Last season, Avril played only 151 defensive snaps before going down, and garnered a disappointing 44.1 overall grade from Pro Football Focus. That was the lowest mark of Avril’s career, and he’d been an exceptional player as recently as 2015. It’s unclear, however, whether any team would be willing to risk putting Avril on the field given his recent injury history. As recently as January, Avril reaffirmed his desire to continue his career despite his health risks, but he told SiriusXM that he’s willing to walk away from the game if need be.

“I’m definitely ready (to move on if the doctor recommends as much),” said Avril. “I’ve had about eight months now to kind of wrap my brain around it. My wife and I, we’ve been talking about it. We talk about it pretty much every other week, just understanding, ‘Hey, if you’re not going to play anymore, what’s next? Start preparing yourself for that.’ And that’s kind of where I’m at right now. I’m OK if I’m not able to play ball. If the doctor tells me, ‘Hey, you should definitely reconsider not playing,’ I’m OK with that at this point of my career.”

If the 32-year-old Avril is medically cleared, it’s not out of the question that he could generate real interest on the open market given the dearth of available pass rushers. Other free agent edge defenders include Robert Ayers, Junior Galette, Erik Walden, Elvis Dumervil, Willie Young, and Connor Barwin.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Good luck to Cliff ... hope he retires. Not worth coming back
          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I think Dumervil and Barwin are worth looking into
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Veteran defensive tackles Jay Bromley and Tyrunn Walker will be trying out for the Saints.

Comment

• Austen Lane spent just a few weeks of his five-year NFL career with the Detroit Lions, there’ll be plenty of Lions fans cheering for him when he takes on fellow former defensive lineman Greg …

Former Lions DL Austen Lane to fight Greg Hardy in UFC

Comment

• I hope he pummels Harry's ass.
                  Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Well, that can be read wrong.

Comment

• Report: Paul Worrilow tore his ACL
                      Posted by Josh Alper on May 22, 2018, 4:21 PM EDT

Eagles linebacker Paul Worrilow was carted off the field during Tuesday’s practice with an air cast on his left knee and the diagnosis is a bad one for the recent addition to the Philly roster.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Worrilow has been diagnosed with a torn ACL. The injury would knock him out for the entire season.

The injury was part of an eventful day at linebacker for the Eagles. The team also released six-year starter Mychal Kendricks, which leaves them with Jordan Hicks, Nigel Bradham, Joe Walker, Corey Nelson, Kamu Grugier-Hill, Nathan Gerry and LaRoy Reynolds at linebacker.

Worrilow signed with the Eagles as a free agent this offseason. He spent last season with the Lions and was a member of the Falcons for his first four NFL seasons.

Comment

• Stanley Wilson II arrested again, with clothes this time
                        Posted by Darin Gantt on May 25, 2018, 6:07 AM EDT

Former Lions cornerback Stanley Wilson has been arrested again. It’s a good thing he was clothed this time, because dogs bite.

According to KATU, Wilson was arrested Wednesday for trying to steal a vehicle from a Beaverton, Oregon Mercedes-Benz dealership.

The cops were called at 8:43 a.m. when he was apparently trying to steal a car, but he left before the cops got there. He returned two hours later, and was apprehended by their K-9 unit named Rizzo. Wilson was briefly hospitalized with minor injuries and then taken to jail.

Police later found he had tried to steal a car from an Infiniti dealer nearby.

Wilson has a long and disturbing record, including three arrests for breaking into places while naked, including one in which he was shot.

Comment

• I guess that's an improvement.
                          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Yep. He's gonna be fiiiiiine. Fiiiiine.
                            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Healthy again after a brain tumor, Jerome Harrison shares an inspiring message

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 4, 2018, 5:20 AM EDT
                              Getty Images

In 2011 Jerome Harrison was in his sixth season as an NFL running back when the Lions traded him to the Eagles. The routine physical the Eagles gave him when he joined the team discovered something that shocked him: A brain tumor.

Harrison had brain surgery that left him, for a time, severely disabled. But Harrison is doing well now, and over the weekend he posted a video with an inspiring message.

?For the rest of your life you?re going to have people telling you what you can and cannot do,? Harrison said. ?Nobody can determine what you do but yourself, and what I?ve realized through my life is my attitude controls everything. I was told I would never walk again, I would live the rest of my life in a wheelchair. And I?m here standing in front of you today.?

Harrison is best remembered for rushing for a Browns franchise record 286 yards in a 2009 game against the Chiefs. But for as many people as there were watching him that day, Harrison may inspire more people today.

I don't remember him, but I hope he's going to be ok.

Comment

• Colts TE Eric Ebron says he?s always open, though the convenience store nickname has already been given out.

Comment

Working...
                                X