No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah... uh huh. If you believe that load of bullshit, I have a bridge north of St. Ignace I'm looking to sell.

Guy never mentions this best friend once, until this imaginary friend emerges as an explanation for him going passive-aggressive bitch and people rightfully calling out his shitty attitude.

This is hardly the first time he's acted like a 12-year old while in uniform. I have no reason to believe him now.
    Last edited by chemiclord; April 10, 2016, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
      Yeah... uh huh. If you believe that load of bullshit, I have a bridge north of St. Ignace I'm looking to sell.

Guy never mentions this best friend once, until this imaginary friend emerges as an explanation for him going passive-aggressive bitch and people rightfully calling out his shitty attitude.

This is hardly the first time he's acted like a 12-year old while in uniform. I have no reason to believe him now.
      Kinda like Federov and his Agent being present?
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• LOL
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• ... I suppose that's fair enough. Though, for the record, I'm not the only one who has referenced that rumor.

Comment

• That wasn't a rumor, it was well reported at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              That wasn't a rumor, it was well reported at the time.
              Yeah, I believe it too, because while Illitch isn't some cut-throat businessman, he IS known to be incredibly petty when he thinks he's been disrespected, and holds grudges for a VERY long time.

But there isn't a ton of collaborating evidence either. The Red Wings outright denied it and Sergei didn't discuss anything much pertaining to the negotiations at all.

Comment

....so you're entitled to know immediately whenever one of his close friends dies? Wow.

"Imaginary friend." I suppose you have a lot of experience with those....

Comment

• So, was that his reasoning every time he was sulking on the bench? I'm sorry, but I have no reason to believe him. It's an excuse for being caught on camera pouting.

Comment

So, was that his reasoning every time he was sulking on the bench? I'm sorry, but I have no reason to believe him. It's an excuse for being caught on camera pouting.
                    You have no reason not to believe him either. It was an explanation, not an excuse. He gave his reason and apologized for it anyway. To imply he just made up a tragic story to give himself an excuse is horrible.

Ben Wallace once refused to enter a damn playoff game because he was too busy sulking. Andre is supposed to get vilified for this? Please. He shouldn't have done it. Everyone agrees he shouldn't have done it. He apologized. It's a non-issue now.
                    Last edited by Kstat; April 12, 2016, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• For what it's worth, I couldn't care less about him being disappointed in himself and not celebrating. Everyone deals with that in different ways.

And yes, it was inappropriate to accuse him of making it up. But we clearly aren't talking about a recent event here, or it would be news somewhere. So no... I don't buy it. He realized how bad it looked to be disappointed in himself, and didn't want it to add to the narrative being formed about him. So he dipped into the well of excuses.

Comment

So, was that his reasoning every time he was sulking on the bench? I'm sorry, but I have no reason to believe him. It's an excuse for being caught on camera pouting.
                        It didnt seem to bother him the first 40 minutes of the game but once that benching came it gave him time to reflect?

Comment

• I tend to believe him ... but he does have pouty tendencies, so it's tougher
                          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                            I tend to believe him ... but he does have pouty tendencies, so it's tougher
                            It's pretty simple really. The dude was disappointed in himself (he hadn't exactly had a stellar game to begin with), and his troubles at the foul line are weighing really heavy on him.

That's all he really had to say. But I also know why he didn't, because all the "play the right way" jackoff pundits would start commenting about he's "putting himself before the team" and other such nonsense that's starting to form his "narrative" in the media.

But I find the rather disingenuous excuse to be even dumber. He's had pretty much that same reaction in pretty much this exact same game situation all season. If it makes me a terrible person, so be it, but I don't believe him.

Comment

• Andre isn't the most mature guy, but he's pretty far from selfish or any of the other negative aspects associated with immaturity. I'm not sure why people are surprised or dwelling on this or think it's really a big deal. Maybe the people that don't watch very many Pistons games and haven't gotten to see Andre play that much.
                              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                                Andre isn't the most mature guy, but he's pretty far from selfish or any of the other negative aspects associated with immaturity. I'm not sure why people are surprised or dwelling on this or think it's really a big deal. Maybe the people that don't watch very many Pistons games and haven't gotten to see Andre play that much.
                                That sums it up well enough, I suppose. That he gets pouty whenever he gets pulled for the end of games is hardly new, nor does it seem to impact his effort in future games, nor is there any sign his teammates are upset about it. As shitty as it looked at the time... meh, it's not worth getting self-righteous about in retrospect.

It's a non-starter that doesn't particularly need an excuse at all, especially a really dumb one.

Comment

Working...
                                X