X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, June 3, 2014
    Pierre McGuire, Penguins talking
    ESPN.com news services

NBC hockey analyst Pierre McGuire is a candidate to become general manager of the Pittsburgh Penguins.
    "Yes, I can confirm there have been discussions with Pens management," McGuire told Toronto's TSN radio affiliate, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

NBC hockey analyst Pierre McGuire confirmed he's been in talks with the Penguins as a potential replacement for fired GM Ray Shero. The potential hire would reunite McGuire with the Penguins. He served as a scout for the team in 1990, then was an assistant under coach Scotty Bowman as Pittsburgh won Stanley Cup titles in 1991 and '92.
    The Penguins fired Ray Shero as general manager last month after they were ousted in the Eastern Conference semifinals by the New York Rangers, the team's latest playoff shortcoming.
    Pittsburgh, though, opted to retain coach Dan Bylsma, saying his status would be evaluated. Bylsma is 252-117-32 since taking over the Penguins in the middle of the 2008-09 season.
    "Management, and ownership in particular, had higher expectations over the last five years for the team that hadn't been realized," McGuire said in the radio interview. "That's when change happens, or when they decided to make the change.
    "It's been a pretty fluid process throughout the last 10 days to two weeks."
    According to the Post-Gazette, McGuire is one of at least five candidates for the GM job.
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
      I thought he actually played very well up to game 7, he had the most shots on goal at that point of any player in the playoffs. Still gotta put the biscuit in the basket though, yea where was he in game 7? Not found - Crawford is catching the heat as the goat.

No surprise here - Stanley Cup Overnights: Kings/Hawks Game 7 Sets Record NHL Western Conference final earned a 3.2 overnight rating on NBCSN Sunday night, the highest overnight ever for an NHL telecast on the network — including the Stanley Cup Final.

Hey OP still in New York? Want a good seat? Feel like shelling out $26,253 for a ticket? Im sure its no skin off your ass!!

New York Rangers Stanley Cup ticket prices are crazy

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...-already-crazy
      Rule #1 Packy, if you want to hold on to you hard-earned cash, don't spend foolishly. Actually I'm back in south Florida until Thursday. Crazy last few weeks , had Ila Kovalchuck & Victor Kozlov as my boat guests!

Well yes , I will attended Game #3 at MSG!
      In Manhattan for Perry Ellis/daughter wedding at The Peirre Hotel in NYC and will stay the extra day. What do you buy as a wedding gift for a bride that inherited $400M from her deceased homo father? My wife and Tyler belong to the same country club in Miami!!! Which is actually bullshit, a Royal Wedding at The Pierre Hotel in Manhattan sorrouned by hundreds of gay fashion people...I know, Hack's dream!!!

Saving Grace thx to OP, will stay over Monday for game #3 , 4 tickets, reseller program at ticket master, a cool 2k apiece... When in Rome!!!!,!!

http://www.tajhotels.com/Luxury/Gran.../Overview.html
      Last edited by Optimus Prime; June 3, 2014, 06:03 PM.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• NBC hockey analyst Pierre McGuire is a candidate to become general manager of the Pittsburgh Penguins.
        "Yes, I can confirm there have been discussions with Pens management," McGuire told Toronto's TSN radio affiliate, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Comment

• HA!
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• If there's a better big game D man in the NHL, I'd like to hear about it. Doughty for Conn Smythe.

See that smooth sweetness again!
            Last edited by Optimus Prime; June 5, 2014, 12:01 PM.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• SCF game 2 was a thriller, Team OP at MSG for game 3 and it's kickass.

LA up 1-0 early...beauty goal by Jeff Carter. Go Kings screw Rangers!

Comment

• Would have like to seen a competitive series, but knew better.

Silver lining - didn't realize this is another deserving punch in the gut to the 'whiney bitch' Blackhawks fans. lol - They knew they would be raising Lord Stanley if not for the devastating game 7 OT loss. (so sad) Reading their cry-baby comments is priceless, losing hurts and the sting of that last loss is going to last a while.

Ah, the fate of the hockey Gods is the most cruel of all sports.

With all the talk of the 97-98 Detroit Red Wings last team to win the Staney Cup back to back - Im starting to feel, - the '72 Dolphins feel. :-) Im out, have a good summer OP.

Comment

• I don't know Packy, games 1&2 could have broken just as easily for NY, MSG was magnicient for game 3.

Team OP, Mr. Walter White, Robert De Niro & JR Roenick in Da same House!

Have a good summer Packy.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; June 10, 2014, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Doubt the Rangers' Puck Luck carries over for game 5 in LA. Soft, warm ice.

Comment

• Kings drop the Rangers in 5, most entertaining series IMO. Couberg , Ontario native Justin Williams wins the Conn Smythe and his 3rd Stanley Cup.

Pure playoff beast...In 26 games this postseason, Williams managed nine goals and 16 assists for 25 total points. He was particularly dominant in the Stanley Cup Final, where he scored two goals and added five assists for seven points in five games, including 2 OT winners. Finished +15.

Sorry Lundqvist, still no cigar!
                      Last edited by Optimus Prime; June 14, 2014, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Ha! But the real playoff choke artists as we all know are #1 Joe Thornton and #2 Patrick Marleau and Drew Doughty threw the Sharks' veterans under the bus.

L. A. was down 0-3 to the Sharks

"Once we won that first game in the San Jose series, we kind of had a feeling we were going to come back and win that series, and you could see it in their eyes and their team and their captain and leaders that they were worried about us coming back, so we don't want to give these guys (The Rangers Nash and Richards ) any life,"

It all worked out

USA Winning Goalie

USA Winning Caption

USA Winning goal scorer

I guess you can call The Kings 'Americas Team'

Comment

• LOL Packfan, I actually read your posts. America's Team?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/statisti...name=nhl-kings

2-Time Stanley Cup winning head coach (Cattle Rancher, Viking, Alberta) set his roster for Game #5...his best horses in order to clinch the Cup.

Breakdown as follows:

18 - CDN
                          5 - USA
                          1 - RUS
                          1 -CZK
                          1 -SLOV

It's funny, the Gold Medal World Championship broke along the same lines....for Canadians, by Canadians and always has been so.

Comment

• Just for you Packy, Justin Williams living large, post SCF and the beard!

Plz note the table full of silverware!

Last edited by Optimus Prime; June 16, 2014, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Is it football or hockey season yet?
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Unbelievable. Attended my first & last NBA game, Heat/Spurs, disgusting....it's not even remotely a proper sport.

Hockey & college football, is there anything else?

Comment

Working...
                                X