Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by drok View Post
    I still can't wrap my head around this. In the offseason, all anyone could talk about was how OSU had 2 Heisman level QB's and the third guy in the mix (C Jones) had as good a chance as any to start. How could OSU screw this up so badly? And how is it not fixed yet? Meyer's a good coach...what is going on over there?

Something tells me it will be sorted out before Nov 28.
    Very much agree with all of this. It's puzzling, but they'll figure it out by the time we play them.

Comment

• This has the feel of the 2013 season when the defense mediocre all season. During that season objective observers thought OSU's defensive struggles would eventually cost them a game. I ignored that nonsense believing they'd eventually lose to FSU in the title game. As it turned out, the dubious defense cost them the MSU game (and a dubious offensive call here and there).

A hard, objective look at this year's team results in two significant conclusions: (1) the passing game is mediocre at best; and (2) the offense is remarkably mistake-prone.

In 2013, Withers was shown the door and Ash was brought in and the defense improved considerably. I have to think that if things don't get better UFM will make some sort of off-season move to address the issues.

In any event, they won't go undefeated with the passing game "functioning" as is. We'll see what they can do with what should be 3 glorified scrimmages. Hopefully they'll be better than they were in what should have been 3 glorified scrimmages.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Randy Edsall is going to be fired.

I lol'ed when I saw a Maryland fan tweet "Chip Kelly" (to replace Edsall).
        Purdue might as well go get Bill Belichick too.

Realistically, I wonder what MAC coach Maryland ends up with.....
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Maybe a coordinator. IMHO those are your best bets in the Midwest right now.

Comment

• Actually if I'm a shitty program like Maryland with some (but not a ton of) upside, I would seriously consider giving Ken Niumatulolo a shot. Look at all of the havoc that Paul Johnson has caused in the ACC with the triple option, and look at how much trouble Michigan and OSU had stopping it recently. IMHO it's a good formula for winning 4-5 B1G games every year and the occasional standout 10-11 win season.

Comment

• Yes, this. I don't know why more mid tier programs don't look at that system. Obviously probably recruiting related, but especially in Maryland's case, there's enough leftover talent that would fit a system like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

A hard, objective look at this year's team results in two significant conclusions: (1) the passing game is mediocre at best; and (2) the offense is remarkably mistake-prone.
                It really is a mystery.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                  Yes, this. I don't know why more mid tier programs don't look at that system. Obviously probably recruiting related, but especially in Maryland's case, there's enough leftover talent that would fit a system like that.
                  IMHO Maryland and Georgia Tech are the perfect tier of program to be running a "system". You can recruit better than Navy. Your system means that five star OL and WRs won't be interested in you, but they weren't going to be anyways. And on defense it's pretty much irrelevant.

Comment

• OR They could hire Jim Schwartz
                    (just kidding)

Yea I agree, the triple option sounds like something Maryland could do well.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Or at Nebraska..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• There is usually a lot of skill position talent coming out of Maryland, if they could keep more of those guys around they'd be better off. M took I believe the #1 and #2 WR in the state.
                        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• When?

Comment

• Purdue simply can't win games right now
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Oh, just right now?

Comment

• Lol!

Comment

Working...