Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes. He also walked on at UC as a DB. He was grad assistant under Earle Bruce (incidentally, the Earle coaching tree includes The Nick, Petey and UFM). And so on.

His failure in the South as a baseball player was portentous as The Nick ran him out of Gainesville and will beat him in New Orleans. If only this game were being played in Goofer Stadium!
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Alabama 34, Ohio State 17. Final answer.

Comment

• No. Ohio State 34, Alabama 31. Bama misses 3 FGs and let's Ohio State take a punt return to the house.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• good stuff. Given that most of us hate both teams and coaches, we should be pretty neutral for this game.

I think talent-wise the two teams are evenly matched. I think Jones > Sims (yuck). This should give the advantage to the Bucks (media types would never agree because an SEC team has to be better, etc, etc) ---- so it really comes down to coaching. Assuming Saban and Meyer are equally good, the Bucks should win.

Most believe that Meyer's "health problems" were Saban-induced ... this game should be a good litmus test to see if Meyer has evolved past Saban or not.

Am pretty excited for this game.

Comment

• Agreed. Advantage: Bucknuts.

I don't understand hating Bama, though. In fact, I can't think of one team I really hate out of the SEC. Notre Dame, maybe, but certainly no team in the B1G. In fact, I kinda like M and OSU, as well as Sparty and PSU.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I assume your M friend has resurfaced with the First Coming. I reckon he's in a bit of a tough spot wrt to Sugar Bowl, though I suspect he'll go Tide.

Comment

• i always end up rooting for B1G team ... in the end, begrudgingly I'll be rooting for the Bucks :(

Comment

• Saban 666
                  osu 3
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    Agreed. Advantage: Bucknuts.

I don't understand hating Bama, though. In fact, I can't think of one team I really hate out of the SEC. Notre Dame, maybe, but certainly no team in the B1G. In fact, I kinda like M and OSU, as well as Sparty and PSU.
                    I hate you all ... equally

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      I assume your M friend has resurfaced with the First Coming. I reckon he's in a bit of a tough spot wrt to Sugar Bowl, though I suspect he'll go Tide.

Oh, the good Doctor has texted me no less than 20 times on the Harbaugh hire. He is really becoming insufferable.

Comment

• agree AA... michigan fans are starting to act like Nebraska fans.. they just want to be us.

Comment

• Let me put it this way. He told me that M would beat Bama by 3 TDs, minimum, a couple of years back. Imagine what he is like with Harbaugh, if he had that kind of braggadocio with Hoke as the HBC.

Comment

• Let me put it this way. He told me that M would beat Bama by 3 TDs, minimum, a couple of years back.
                            The man obviously pushes drugs .. and has been dipping into his own inventory.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• He's a surgeon, and a great guy. Except with football. Very....brash.

Comment

• doesn't seem to knowledgeable about football.

Comment

Working...
                                X