No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess you were being willful. Got me again.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
      Thoughts on the electoral college?

People who don't live in one of the 7-10 battleground states don't believe they are a part of the election process and the presidential candidates only deal with issues that effect these battleground states. These battleground/swing states haven't changed a whole lot over the past twenty-five years and the people in the other forty states feel like their states and votes aren't as important as those in the swing/battleground states.
      Well, its their own fault for not being open-minded. My local example, Kansas, hasn't gone D since 1932, and doesn't appear likely to break that streak before it hits the century mark four cycles from now. As a result, nobody campaigns there.

It sucks for KCK, which occasionally might go D but always winds up having its electorals for R. (I'm sure there districts in CA which has the same thing happen in reverse) Maybe going with congressional districts individually is an idea to look into, but might be chaotic.

Comment

• Bob Corker or John Bolton for SOS
        Priebus or Steve Bannon for Chief of Staff

Would you like measles or cancer?

Comment

• John Bolton?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            I'd rather hear Hannibal talk about The Blacks than this pedantic nonsense.
            You mean, Them Coloreds?

Comment

• A proportional system would be more interesting. I'd suggest maybe awarding the 2 electors represented by the state's Senators to the winner then proportionally divide the rest. In a 3 EC vote state, the winner would get all three.

Over time it seems logical that the Electoral College has depressed the vote in California. But I'm not looking at their actual participation rates so I could be wrong.

Comment

• The flaws of the Electoral college are more about the flaws of the Apportionment Act of 1911. 435 is not a number Moses brought down from Mt. Sinai.

Comment

• Bolton has relevant experience in the executive branch, at least. A sense of the possibilities.

Comment

• That and he's a loon.

Comment

• Wait, Steve Bannon? Good god.

Comment

• And now you are admitting you said it. You're chickenshit. Look -- you got fooled by a shit article and I called you on it because I just so happened to be familiar with the writer and his flaws. It's been months now. Get over it please. We all get fooled sometimes and it doesn't mean we're stupid or have to go preening about to mask that for months on end.
                        You talking to me?

Comment

• This was my 10th presidential election to vote in. I have voted for 7 republicans and 3 democrats in that time, and the electoral college thing comes up every cycle. I really don't think the system is broke, so I see nothing to "fix".

Everyone knows I voted for the PAH this year. Bet no one can guess my other 2 dem votes.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Wait, Steve Bannon? Good god.
                            Dana Bash on CNN reported that Trump wants Bannon as his Chief of Staff but others are trying to talk him out of it.

Bannon would make H. R. Haldeman look like a pussycat.

Comment

• John Bolton and Newt Gingrich are the fresh faces the Republican Party needs. Two men untainted by the failures of the past.

Comment

• Like I said measles or Cancer. Your pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X