No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pretty thorough treatment of the pros and cons of a special council by Alan Dershowitz:

Comment

• I don't know about Shattered. Didn't read it and don't care to really. I suspect they did not have a plan to explain why they lost the election until AFTER they lost the election. Otherwise, you'll need to ask them.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• [QUOTE=Da Geezer;1105124]Oh, and Lieberman is a good friend of Betsy DeVos, and works with that vile woman in promoting inner city education. If memory serves, Lieberman, along with Senator Scott, introduced Betsy before her hearing in front of the Senate committee.

You mean by promoting for profit schools that under perform the Public Schools system that she is hell bent on destroying?

Good job, Betsy!

Fuck her. Hopefully she'll be shown the door soon after The Trumpster Fire.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yeah really who cares about Shattered.

Comment

• I don't know about Shattered. Didn't read it and don't care to really. I suspect they did not have a plan to explain why they lost the election until AFTER they lost the election. Otherwise, you'll need to ask them.
            Well, no one is asking you to read anything that would possibly contest what you have already determined is a FACT, no matter the evidence.

Once again, why not leak the same material they used against Flynn, but before the election.

My theory is that you are right in saying the Dems didn't need to think about why they lost until they did actually lose. But, right now, the testimony of "persons in the room" right after the election says that the Dems came up with the Trump-Russia collusion theme post-election. Got anything on collusion prior to the election?

The Media and the Democrats (really the same thing) routinely make up stuff that is disproved the next day (eg "Rosenstein Threatens to Quit", eg; "Comey Asks for More Money to Expand the Russian investigation", eg Trump Leaked Highly Classified Material to the Russian Foreign Minister"). But no one has made up a story yet that "proves collusion", at least not that I know of. I ask myself why, and I figure even fantasy has its limits. We all know at this point that there was no collusion or even hint of collusion between Trump and the Russians. Otherwise, it would have been expounded upon by the media, or at least leaked by the Deep State. The smoke appears to end with Flynn. Manifort is a possibility, but not Trump.

And, I might add, Comey's behavior is starting to resemble that of J. Edgar Hoover, and Hoover was a man I hated in my youth. Hoover kept dossiers on all the powers in Washington, and no one crossed him. It should be frightening when one narcissist controls a clandestine army of agents and has the power to destroy anyone.
            Last edited by Da Geezer; May 18, 2017, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• The Media and the Democrats (really the same thing) routinely make up stuff that is disproved the next day (eg "Rosenstein Threatens to Quit", eg; "Comey Asks for More Money to Expand the Russian investigation", eg Trump Leaked Highly Classified Material to the Russian Foreign Minister"). But no one has made up a story yet that "proves collusion",

state department resigns en masse per wash post 4 were asked to leave
              trump like to piss on Russian girls--widely reported
              transgenders suicides at all time high after trump got elected--fake but widely reported
              wisc/Pennsylvania and Michigan election machine hacking claimed by scientists studing voting trends -fake but don't tell that to every nbc and NY citypub
              sec of treasury forcloses on woman for 90 cents--fake but widely reported by nbc/facebook etc
              tmz and BET went nuts when they said trump changed black history month to national african American history. they went suddenly quiet when they were told Obama had done the same thing the year before

any wonder it hard for many to believe collusion and obstruction of justice from those who've cried wolf so many times

Comment

• Coming from the guy who claimed Seth Rich made 44,000 emails to Wikileaks, hehe.

Comment

• I was at my son's baseball game last night and 5 of us dad's were talking about Trump. None of us liked him.. none of us thought he was anything but heading in the direction of the worst president in our lifetime. All of us felt the D's are doing what the R's did a few years ago... finding a scab and continually picking it. (and none of them trust the media anymore..) The group was a mix of political leans and nationalities (including an immigrant) as well, though I'd say all are more center than far right or far left.

Just found that conversation interesting.
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• The scab is being picked by Donald Trump.

Comment

• No one can afford to be dismissive of the press, Crash. If it hadn't been for two rookie reporters, Woodward and Bernstein, writting for the WaPo in 72, Nixon might have skated.

While I too dislike most of the reporting across most media outlets, if you sift through it, a decent picture of reality emerges from which one can draw reasonable conclusions. It's easy to do that today with the news feed technologies available.

Re Trump, the Comey firing and the Russian connection to him and his campaign, my view is that Trump's personality has, as we expected it would, caused reasonable people to question his fitness for the Presidency. It's going to be hard to prove he committed impeachable criminal acts and Mueller, the special counsel, is going to create a lot of distractions in the conduct of his investigation.

I'm convinced, however, that Trump is and has been unethical, stunningly so, and his ego has contributed to that. He has also underestimated the political skill set needed to be President. The American voters are not likely to abide his continued conduct. Whether this forces him to resign cannot be determined at present. While there's a lot of water under the bridge that has hurt him, it's early.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff..

agree with the sifting thought. If one claimed there was a lot of smoke surrounding Hillary and hence conclusions can be drawn, you can't ignore what is going on in the WH.

I do agree with Crash however... and this was the same with Hillary and BO... smoke is being fanned into a fire. Where truth ends and fiction starts is tough to tell. It's ok to suspect everything because piling on is the norm. I personally don't disagree with that approach. But that doesn't mean it should be ignored. Probably just muted. That's my approach.
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• today's press isn't exactly worthy of starring in all the presidents men

social media renders journalism impotent to develop a story --throw in media bias and yes it goes both ways

so froot poop still wondering why assange offered a 20,000 dollar reward for rich's killer
                          perhaps you'd like to listen to assanges words last august and draw your own conclusions

WikiLeaks is offering a $20,000 reward for information in the killing of DNC staffer Seth Rich. The same day the anti-secrecy organization posted its announcement on Twitter, founder Julian Assange…

Comment

• Once you fire the FBI Director for not ending an investigation and lie about why you did it, all the what about isms go out the window. One of the keys is these stories are being fed to the media the White House staff. Haberman and Thrush are filing stories with sometimes 30 sources. These are cries for help.

It ain't the media's fault he is his own worst enemy.

It wasn't like this under George W. Bush, but W did the compassionate conservative approach. The scorched earth approach is going to get heavy pushback. When you have foreign agents pushing foreign agendas as the NSA, you're going to get pushback. I'm not sure the media should hold back stories because Real America is offended.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                              today's press isn't exactly worthy of starring in all the presidents men

social media renders journalism impotent to develop a story --throw in media bias and yes it goes both ways

so froot poop still wondering why assange offered a 20,000 dollar reward for rich's killer
                              perhaps you'd like to listen to assanges words last august and draw your own conclusions

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2745082
                              I'm interested to know why you think there was 44 thousand emails from Seth Rich to Wikileaks. Also, your thoughts on Vince Foster?

Comment

• 24-hour, consumer-tailored news is inevitably going to lead to overkill and absurdity. That doesnt make all reporting biased and unreliable...as mentioned above, diligence and judgment is required on behalf of the individual.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X