DetroitLionsForum.com
Please support the forum by using this link to shop with our sponsor:

Go Back   DetroitLionsForum.com > Sports Discussion Forums > Detroit Lions

Old November 15th, 2017, 01:13 PM   #61
Futureshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainevent View Post
Yeah, who's touting the Vikings as unstoppable? This is more about the fact that the Lions screw the pooch usually when they have the potential for a stretch run.

The Vikings are far from perfect. But having a defense like theirs can cover up for a lot of ills. And people were banking on the fact that they have Keenum as their QB. Well, Keenum is 3rd in QBR and has 2 dynamic WRs and a good TE to throw to. They don't need an unstoppable O if the D holds up.

Now, Everson Griffen is hurt, and that's huge factor. He's nursing a foot injury and him being out of the lineup takes their pass rush down a notch or two. That helped the Skins come back in their game on Sunday.

Playing bad teams will make a team look good and give them a boost in mental momentum. I hope the Lions can catch that magic.
Old November 15th, 2017, 01:14 PM   #62
CGVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightninBoy View Post
I think its more about not being sold on the Lions versus being sold on the Vikings. At least for me. Right now the Vikings look like the better team - which isn't saying that much really. The schedule heavily favors the Lions though.

That said, the Vikings win against Washington was impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainevent View Post
Yeah, who's touting the Vikings as unstoppable? This is more about the fact that the Lions screw the pooch usually when they have the potential for a stretch run.

The Vikings are far from perfect. But having a defense like theirs can cover up for a lot of ills. And people were banking on the fact that they have Keenum as their QB. Well, Keenum is 3rd in QBR and has 2 dynamic WRs and a good TE to throw to. They don't need an unstoppable O if the D holds up.

Now, Everson Griffen is hurt, and that's huge factor. He's nursing a foot injury and him being out of the lineup takes their pass rush down a notch or two. That helped the Skins come back in their game on Sunday.
I don't think the Lions can make up two games. I would be a little more optimistic if the Redskins had beaten the Vikes.
Old November 15th, 2017, 03:13 PM   #63
ColoradoLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaadam4 View Post
The thing that i dont get is why is everyone
blowing the Vikings? Yes theyre sitting atop the division but the first half of the season they didnt play anyone.

Around here everyone is on the nuts of playing teams with winning records. As it stands now the Queens are 1-2 against winning teams.

The media and fanbase are pissed about us barely beating the Browns? Guess what the Queens were losing to the Browns at the half when they played them too. If the Lions BARELY beat the Browns by 14 then Im sure the Queens didnt blow them out by 17 right (sarcasm)

Oh and by the way, the Lions already beat them. In Minnesota!!

Good luck with the rest of that schedule Keenum.
You actually WANT to get your nipple pierced, don't you, you sick sonofabitch?
ColoradoLion is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 15th, 2017, 03:19 PM   #64
jaadam4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLion View Post
You actually WANT to get your nipple pierced, don't you, you sick sonofabitch?
We made a pact!!!

GO LIONS!!
Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM   #65
Futureshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGVT View Post
I don't think the Lions can make up two games. I would be a little more optimistic if the Redskins had beaten the Vikes.
Well, one is in their own control. They have to be one game better the rest of the way. IDK if they can do it either. But they have no excuse to not do it.
Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM   #66
Malto Marko

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGVT View Post
I agree about the game in Wash. However, Skins are still a muddeling team much like the Lions and Ownership can be questioned.

A very good road win. They will have to be road win warriors to stay in control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureshock View Post
Well, one is in their own control. They have to be one game better the rest of the way. IDK if they can do it either. But they have no excuse to not do it.
Win in Chicago, and win on Turkey Day then ball is in Minnys court. Lions are forcing them to win every week against an opponent that is also trying to make a statement.
Old Today, 12:27 AM   #67
jaadam4

I like where we're at after a difficult schedule to start the season. I think the Leos did really well patching the OL with no names and now everyone is healthy.

My one concern is DL. If Ansah is out again this week we'll be down 3/4 of our starting DL. I sure hope the draft is full of DE and DT prospects this year because we'll need it.
Old Today, 07:25 AM   #68
Malto Marko

......seems to me last years draft was full of DE's and DT's.

......and we took what? LB, DB, WR, LB?
Old Today, 08:44 AM   #69
Futureshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malto Marko View Post
......seems to me last years draft was full of DE's and DT's.

......and we took what? LB, DB, WR, LB?
BURN!!!

Somewhere in SE Michigan BQ's shorts just caught fire!

But seriously, IDK if he knows how to do that evaluation. And now he's bringing in 3-4 OLB types to play DE. Going back to what he does know from NE (3-4 team). He did good in drafting Zettel, but we need a guy who can get it done on almost every play. At least not give the QB 4-5 seconds.

When healthy, that's what Ziggy can do because he's relentless and fast. Right now he's hurt, fat and slow.
Old Today, 08:47 AM   #70
Futureshock

I was also thinking about an issue the team will have after the season. Ziggy hasn't played anywhere near the level to be franchised. But, someone will be willing to pay him that. Do we give him the money? Or do we let him walk and see him get healthy and in-shape for another team?

And do you trust BQ to replace him with equal or better talent?

IMHO I franchise him because IDK if BQ can replace him.
Old Today, 09:53 AM   #71
Frank Van Dusen
100 Miles Away

I think you franchise Ziggy for 2018 and decide from there if you want to extend him. He's a great talent but hasn't been healthy the last two years. If he can get healthy and stay healthy then by all means he's worth a multi year deal. If he can't get healthy and be productive in 2018 then his career is done anyways.
Old Today, 10:00 AM   #72
Mainevent

The move has always been to franchise Ziggy, draft a replacement and then move on. I would expect to see a heavy emphasis on pass rushers next offseason, both inside and on the edge. If that doesn’t happen, then I will seriously start to question BQ.
Mainevent is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Today, 11:10 AM   #73
jaadam4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
I think you franchise Ziggy for 2018 and decide from there if you want to extend him. He's a great talent but hasn't been healthy the last two years. If he can get healthy and stay healthy then by all means he's worth a multi year deal. If he can't get healthy and be productive in 2018 then his career is done anyways.
I'm starting to lean this way as well
Old Today, 11:42 AM   #74
Frank Van Dusen
100 Miles Away

I gave a pass on BQ not really addressing the d line this year because there were many other areas that needed to be addressed, which he did (o line, linebackers, secondary, tight end). I expect d line to be at the top of the needs list this offseason, with rb a secondary priority)
Old Today, 01:15 PM   #75
jaadam4

I think Quinn might be kicking himself for not drafting a RB in this years draft.
Old Today, 02:22 PM   #76
Futureshock

IDC how he gets it done, but he needs to get a NFL Rb that has vision, enough speed and won't fall over when he trips over a blade of grass. AND a legitimate DE that won't allow QBs 5-6 seconds to pass.
Old Today, 03:27 PM   #77
LightninBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
I'm not sure I'd franchise Ziggy. That's a ton of cap money even if it is just for one year.
LightninBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Today, 03:27 PM   #78
LightninBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureshock View Post
IDC how he gets it done, but he needs to get a NFL Rb that has vision, enough speed and won't fall over when he trips over a blade of grass. AND a legitimate DE that won't allow QBs 5-6 seconds to pass.
Yep.
LightninBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Top