Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Davis could start at center with Wagner at the four, that's ideal if Davis can be a B1G starting center next season. We'll need his rebounding to replace Wilson.

I expect Matthews to start at small forward and do very well, as long as we don't expect him to shoot 18+ ft jumpers.

Comment

• Well, we'll see how things shake out, but Wagner chasing 4s full-time is probably a bad option. He's a 5. I'm minded to continue to get beat up on the boards in order to have another shooter at the 4.

FUCK'S SAKES. Damn this sucks. Really thought we'd get both back.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
        DJ makes it official. He's staying in the draft.
        LMAO. Welcome future member of the Shantee Orr/Manny Harris club.

Comment

• That's my best as well. He needed a year to toughen up. Mighty skilled though for a kid his size. Definitely an NBA body.

Comment

• I think it would be have been better for Wilson to stay another year. He would have been a lead player on a contending club, something he may not ever get the chance to do again.

Still, he was by far our best player this year and has a good chance of finding a Tayshaun Prince role in the NBA. That kid has the talent to go far.

Comment

• Walton was by far our best player this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                That's my best as well. He needed a year to toughen up. Mighty skilled though for a kid his size. Definitely an NBA body.
                He's physically weak even by today's lesser standards. Also zero back to the basket game. He's going to be valuable as a situational sub, but it's going to take a while for him to really carve out a pro career for himself.

This is really a killer blow for this season. Wagner is the more gifted player but Michigan needed DJ more. He was irreplaceable.

Only upside (if there is one) is now this is basically Wagner's team. They're going to be able to focus everything around him, and he's good enough to carry them if he works on his defense.
                Last edited by Kstat; May 25, 2017, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• We lose that wonderful positional flexibility we had. I don't know if Michigan needed DJ more, but they're really going to miss him. IMO Wagner is more irreplaceable. Guys like DJ are complementary, and in a wonderful way. Agree that it's Wagner's team now. Come back stronger, be there game in/game out, and this is still an excellent team with Sweet 16 expectations.

Comment

• There's talk that the Utah Jazz gave him a 1st round promise. I also heard on the radio today that DJ said on the Duncan & Dakich podcast that he expected to be a 1 and Done player coming out of H.S. With those factors as a background, it's not a surprise that he decided to make the leap.

He's maybe a poor-man's Aaron Gordon. He's athletic, has decent size, a great wingspan, and does several things fairly well but nothing great.

There's no guarantee that he was going to improve his draft stock that much as a 22 year old prospect next year so if he got that 1st round promise, his move makes a lot of sense for him. I think his ceiling is probably that of a role-playing starter but more likely to be a player with the kind of career that Jonas Jerebko has had. If Utah takes him, I think he's stuck for a while behind Favors and Trey Lyles.

That kind of situation may lead him wash out of the league in 3 years. I hope not and I do wish him luck.
                    Last edited by *JD*; May 25, 2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                      he expected to be a 1 and Done player coming out of H.S.

Jesus Christ.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; May 25, 2017, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                        FUCK'S SAKES. Damn this sucks. Really thought we'd get both back.
                        Our ability as an institution to get as little as possible out of our early entries into the pros is absolutely incredible. It's basically our superpower.

Now watch Rashan Gary get injured in the first game this year, sit out the rest of the year, and skip out of his junior year bowl game to get ready for the combine.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; May 26, 2017, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X